Sr. Electronic Technician
Location: Texas City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Senior Electronic Technician (Sr. ET) performs preventative and
corrective maintenance on all electronic related equipment, with
oversight of the Chief ET; the Sr. ET communicates regularly with
the other departments (IT, mechanical, electrical, engine room,
subsea, drilling, marine and safety) as well as the client and
other service partners when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs Preventive and Corrective maintenance of all onboard
electronic equipment including but not limited to:
- Vessel Control System (Kongsberg ICMS)
- Thruster Control System (K-Thrust)
- Dynamic Positioning System (Kongsberg K-Pos) including
- F&G/ESD System (Kongsberg AIM Safe)
- Drilling Control and Instrumentation (NOV DCDA & SDI)
- BOP control systems
- Navigation and Communications (Internal and external)
- CCTV and entertainment systems
- All PLC systems (Including crane controls, HVAC controls,
- Rig network computers and servers
- UPS systems
- Coordinates all maintenance with other departments to ensure
minimum impact on operations involving critical equipment.
- Coordinates planning and execution of preventive maintenance
with a minimum of 6 weeks overview to cover current hitch and half
of back-to-back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate and detailed
historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment
- Prioritizes and oversees maintenance activities and
documentation of maintenance carried of assigned crew on safety &
environmental critical equipment/systems (SECE's).
- Oversees maintenance results and prioritization on assigned
rigs on safety & environmental critical equipment/systems
- For rigs with Performance Standards:
- Maintains an understanding of the relationship between the rigs
safety case, identified Major Accident Hazards, the bow tie
assessment, Performance Standard (PS) documents, and PS Assurance
Activity tasks in VAMS.
- Ensures effective barrier management through management,
oversite and prioritization of maintenance activities associated
with Assurance Activates required by Performance Standards for
- Monitors Barrier condition for assigned equipment and
- Uses the VAMS system to be able to identify equipment
identified as Barriers.
- Assesses impacts to overall process safety of assigned rigs due
to degraded barrier conditions.
- Troubleshoots complex ship and drilling control systems and
facilitates repairs down to the lowest replaceable unit, to include
some component level repairs
- Documents equipment historical data for the purpose of
reliability analysis and planning necessary upgrades.
- Provides handover to the oncoming ET providing a seamless
transition of work during tour changes and works over at the
request of the Chief ET when necessary
- Maintains integrity of instrumentation installations in
hazardous locations and conducts periodic inspections of same.
- Keeps a current and accurate registry of all software installed
in ships control systems and drilling control systems, maintaining
the current revision in hard copy and on the dedicated maintenance
terminal for each machine.
- Maintains adequate spare parts for systems in his area of
responsibility to ensure minimal downtime and performs periodic
inventory of same.
- Operates, maintains and keeps calibration certificates current
for all electronic test equipment.
- Reviews power one line diagrams to determine proper isolation
of equipment for maintenance purposes.
- Makes ET department weekly maintenance system entries to
document work done including Preventive and Corrective
- Performs ET department daily checks filling out the checklist
for submission to the Chief ET.
- Supervises the order, cleanliness and housekeeping in his areas
Qualifications / Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years on a drilling vessel with at least 2 years as
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All
personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal
responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of
employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related
At Valaris, our core purpose is to provide responsible solutions
that deliver energy to the world. Our purpose is the driving force
that defines us as a leading organization in our industry. Our
diverse fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships, versatile
semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is capable of
meeting a wide spectrum of customers' well program requirements.
Our rig fleet is among the most technologically advanced in the
industry and our well-trained crews perform at the highest levels
in the most challenging offshore environments. With an unwavering
focus on safety and dedicated employees, we provide innovative
solutions and aim to deliver excellence in everything that we
Keywords: Valaris, Texas City , Sr. Electronic Technician, Professions , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!