Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary Assist the Electrician in ensuring
the safe and efficient operations of all electrical tools and
equipment including electrical lights, electrical components of
motors, engines, generators, tools, etc. Principal Duties and
- Participates in safety meetings and other MODU safety
- Assists Electrician in maintaining and repairing all electrical
equipment and systems which include: Generators and Generator
control systems, Transforming systems, Drilling system, Electrical
motors, Jacking systems, Pumps, Air conditioning and refrigeration
systems, Crane electrical systems, Inter communication equipment,
Power generators, Lighting fixtures, Alarms, Fuses and
- Adheres to Valaris planned preventive maintenance plan to
minimize down time and maximize safety.
- Adheres to MODU mobilization procedures and related maintenance
as directed by operations manual.
- Follows correct lock-out, tag-out procedures.
- Eliminates all electrical hazards as they are identified.
- Establishes effective barriers when unable to remove
- Ensures all electrical tools and equipment are kept in safe
- Maintains proper level of electrical parts, spares and
- Assists the Mechanic and Welder on special projects when
- Ensures activities are conducted in compliance with Valaris
Safe System of Work.(SSOW)
- Maintains appropriate logs and records in accordance with
company, regulatory and certification agencies requirements.
- Follows the provisions of the National Electrical Code, USCG,
HSE, Fire Prevention Codes and other regulations that may
- Assists Electrician in corporate and regulatory
- Conducts pre-task meetings and when a work order is required,
under-takes the work required with authorization. Qualifications /
- Three (3) years working as an Electrician or Assistant
Electrician with prior offshore experience preferred.
- Completion of Secondary or High School education, and must meet
the training and certification requirements for Assistant
Electrician. Disclaimer The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
needed. Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of
employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related
factors.About UsAt Valaris, our core purpose is to provide
responsible solutions that deliver energy to the world. Our purpose
is the driving force that defines us as a leading organization in
our industry. Our diverse fleet of ultra-deepwater drillships,
versatile semisubmersibles and modern shallow-water jackups is
capable of meeting a wide spectrum of customers' well program
requirements. Our rig fleet is among the most technologically
advanced in the industry and our well-trained crews perform at the
highest levels in the most challenging offshore environments. With
an unwavering focus on safety and dedicated employees, we provide
innovative solutions and aim to deliver excellence in everything
that we do.
Keywords: Valaris, Texas City , Assistant Electrician, Professions , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!