Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company
with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our
world more productive every day by providing high-quality
solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers
more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com .
The Linde Production Technician is responsible for the safe,
reliable, and efficient operation of an air separation facility in
Texas City, Texas. This is a challenging and rewarding job that
requires the employee to have problem-solving capabilities in
mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and production
Production Technicians will work independently as well as with a
team, while demonstrating initiative and self-motivation.
Production Technicians often work alone and have primary
responsibility for their assigned plants. Production Technicians
must be available for call outs.
Employees in this role operate all aspects of the Linde air
separation plant, from routine operations to solving production
problems. They maintain compressors, pumps, valves, motors and
related equipment. The technicians also start up, shut down, and
operate the plant.
The technician must solve a variety of mechanical, electrical,
instrumentation and process control problems. The technician makes
decisions which require coordination of interrelated tasks. The
employee develops conceptual solutions to moderately difficult,
non-routine issues/problems and provides guidance on technical
leadership of projects.
Production Technicians are trained and mentored as they develop
knowledge and skills. The employee is also supported with
supervision, lead technicians, engineers, safety, and other
technical staff. Occasionally, the technician will travel to
locations outside the assigned areas to support those plants and
- Maintain all Safety, Quality, Environmental, and Compliance
- Start up, shut down, and operate the production processes.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibrations on a variety of
process equipment such as compressors, gas analyzers, control
systems, electrical systems, rotating equipment, and process
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment, electrical
components, and production processes.
- Planning and executing operations and maintenance tasks (e.g.
- Follow SOPs/SMPs for highly regulated plant processes and
- Purchasing of materials and/or services such as
- Documentation, reports, and other administrative duties.
- Operating equipment including forklifts and man-lifts.
- 2 - 5 years of experience is highly desirable in the following
fields (recent graduates or soon to graduate applicants will also
- Air separation, oil refining, or similar complex process
- Instrumentation and control
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Compressors and compressor maintenance
- Industrial mechanical maintenance
- Industrial electrical or electrician
- Industrial Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Military technical fields
- Machinist Mates, Electrician Mates, Nuclear Technician, Gas
Turbine Technicians, Boiler Technicians, Cryogenic Technicians.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Dependable and honest
- Safety commitment and compliance with procedures
- Safe driving
- Competency with computers, Microsoft applications (specifically
Word and Excel), email, and process control computer systems
- Trouble shooting and diagnostics
- Use of calibration devices and data collectors
- Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
- Process understanding, process control schematic
- Maintenance and compliance documentation
- Communications, both verbal and written
- Quality controls, analyzers
- Organization and time management
- Safe Work Planning
- Self-directed learning
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all
employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages
growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces
inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice
for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn
more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including
paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life
insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however,
only those applicants who are being considered for an interview
will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Linde, Texas City , Production Technician, Professions , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!