Company: SGS North America
Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Company DescriptionSGS is the global leader and innovator in
inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in
quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries
and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and
laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by
assuring quality and safety of products and services.Trusted all
over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion,
pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas.
We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will
be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.Job
DescriptionSummaryResponsible for safely conducting analysis and
reporting of various products, such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle
distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG and LNG gases as
well as lubricants for the Natural Resources and Industries and
Environment sectors.Job Functions
- Responsible for conducting laboratory analysis (hands on
working on the bench).
- Complete all laboratory reports as applicable.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory analysis
- Assist with the maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory safety and
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsEducation and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Associates Degree in a science discipline (Preferred)
- 1-year experience working in a laboratory setting
- For Crude Assay Technician: Previous experience in crude oil
assay distillation per ASTM D2892 and ASTM D5236
(Preferred)Licenses and Certifications
- N/AKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good organization skills, detailed oriented and completes tasks
in a timely manner. (Required)
- Able to work in a routine repetitive fast paced work
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time (Required)
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions as may be
furnished in oral, written, diagram, electronic or schedule form.
- Acts accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals and
petroleum products. (Required)
- For Crude Assay Technician: Possess working proficiency of ASTM
D4052, D5002, D97, D5853, UOP 163, D4294; Understands and is able
to read and interpolate applicable data and tables, interpret
applicable graphs and control charts, complete laboratory raw data
sheets, and is able to compute rates, ratio, percents and material
quantities (linear, volumetric, weight, etc.); able to synthesize
information from a variety of sources and evaluate relevance as
pertains to crude assay trending properties. (Required)Physical
Demands of the Job
- Move or traverse:
- Use hands:
- Reach with hands and arms:
- Climb or balance:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Occasionally 25 lbsAdditional
InformationSGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a call back. - Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information, but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Texas City , Laboratory Technician, Professions , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!