Instrumentation Electrical Reliability Engineer
Company: Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc.
Location: Texas City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
ISP Technologies Inc.
Instrumentation & Electrical Reliability Engineer
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching,
seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and
then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate,
tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your
drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we'd like to meet you and bet you'd like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a I&E Reliability
Engineer to join our ISP Technologies, Inc. business at our Texas
City, Texas plant. This is a very visible, significant role within
the Company and the Life Sciences business unit. This position will
report to the Maintenance and Reliability Manager.
The primary responsibilities of the position include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Integral part of Texas City Maintenance Team supporting plant
operation, reliability improvement, and reliability projects across
- Works in a team environment, responsible for implementing
reliability best practices, developing, and optimizing preventive
maintenance tasks, implementing reliability improvement projects,
and supporting maintenance and turnaround activities.
- Interacts with other technical groups on site (process
engineering, maintenance, and capital project), corporate technical
networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve
problems and improve plant reliability and performance.
- Applies data analysis techniques to develop engineering
solutions to repetitive failures and other problems which may
adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality,
cost, safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Provides instrumentation and electrical technical
support/expertise in the design and installation stages of projects
for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life
cycle cost and maximize asset availability.
- Oversees Instrument & Electrical maintenance programs,
calibrations, and repairs required for plant instrumentation,
analyzers, distributed control systems, safety instrumented
systems, and electrical equipment related to process controls and
- Participates in development of design and installation
specifications, acceptance tests, inspection criteria, and
commissioning plans for new equipment.
- Maintains awareness of emerging technology, assessing
applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce
- Leads and participates in incident investigations and root
- Manages risk to achievement of Company's strategic objectives
in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability,
quality, and production.
- Applies principles to systematically define, design, develop,
monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes: 1)
value-added preventive maintenance tasks, 2) effective utilization
of predictive, condition based, and other non-destructive testing
methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability
- Applies life cycle value analysis to repair/replace/redesign
decisions in instrument and electrical arena.
- Leads interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide
efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment and
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance, project,
and process engineering groups.
- Serves as the Texas City I&E representative for providing
input to improvement of instrumentation related standards,
procedures, guidelines, and corporate initiatives
- Understands and applies business drivers, management of change
requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
- Utilizes Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
The secondary responsibilities of the position include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Possesses strong plant electrical distribution knowledge and
- Utilizes supervisory or leadership experience.
- Exhibits solid communication skills, able to present logical,
clear, effective information and respond to questions in oral and
written form, ranging from site management to employees and
- Displays firm ability to apply rational and logical, data-based
problem-solving processes, project management skills and
statistical improvement methods.
- Shows proven ability to systematically develop, monitor, and
continuously improve Instrument and Electrical asset maintenance
and reliability strategies
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication and leadership
skills for effective communication of complex issues across the
organization, mentoring, and consensus building.
- Exhibits a basic understanding of industry codes and
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
discipline with 5+ years of experience in the design, maintenance,
and testing of high voltage power systems in a manufacturing or
- OR 10 years of experience in the design, maintenance, and
testing of high voltage power systems in a manufacturing or
- Experience in abiding by plant safety rules and regulations,
Process Safety Management (PSM), and environmental compliance
- High level of mechanical aptitude, effective communication
skills, strong supervisor skills, computer/systems competency,
along with capability and willingness to work outside normal hours,
including weekends, and holidays, as may be required due to the
needs of business.
- Ability to respond appropriately during site emergencies as
directed by the Site Emergency Manager.
- Ability to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal
protective equipment if required to work or visit within the
manufacturing process area. This may include hard hat, safety
glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, or other
equipment as required by the work performed and location the work
is being performed.
- Ability to enter "Confined Spaces" when required.
- Able and willing to work extended hours at 24-hour/7
days-a-week/365 days-a-year chemical plant operation.
- Must demonstrate productivity and effectiveness in a teamwork
environment and possess the competency and willingness to adapt to
change in a fast-paced workplace.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP),
quality processes, and emergency response.
- Possess an aptitude to identify quality improvement
opportunities and formulate action plans for implementation. This
requires exceptional work planning and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience supervising employees under a bargaining
- Training in formal Root Cause Analysis is a plus.
- Ability to 1) identify critical issues and formulate action
plans with all levels of employees including management, and
Corporate, 2) develop and foster a positive work environment at all
levels, and 3) resolve conflicts through problem resolution
Must be authorized to work in the US.
In more than 100 countries, the people of Ashland LLC. (NYSE: ASH)
provide the specialty chemicals, technologies and insights to help
customers create new and improved products for today and
sustainable solutions for tomorrow. Our chemistry is at work every
day in a wide variety of markets and applications, including
architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, personal
care and pharmaceutical. Visit www.ashland.com to see the
innovations we offer.
At Ashland our vision is to be a leading, global specialty
chemicals company whose inspired and engaged employees add value to
all we touch. In fact our people, employees, customers and vendors
define who we are. They are the driving force behind everything we
Not only do we value our customers but we value our employees, and
we work to offer them a dynamic and challenging environment. We
hold ourselves to high standards at Ashland, and we value integrity
Ashland has a history of attracting the best people and keeping
them. The reasons are simple: industry competitive salary and
benefits, pay-for-performance incentive plans and a diverse work
environment where employees feel challenged and valued. People come
to Ashland and stay. As a growing Fortune 500 specialty chemicals
company, we offer opportunities for development and advancement
throughout our global organization. Our values define who we are
and what we care about as a company. If you are looking for a
relationship with a company instead of simply a job, this may be a
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or
independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a
signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific
Keywords: Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Inc., Texas City , Instrumentation Electrical Reliability Engineer, Professions , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!