Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Supports Sustainability Services onsite program, including manual
labor associated with chemical handling, lab pack duties, drum
movements within the facility, drum bulking, drum crushing,
assisting when extra personnel are needed, and other duties as
assigned. This is a support position focused on hazardous and
non-hazardous waste related projects.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Ensure waste types are properly segregated, regulatory shipment
windows are met, proper container labeling is adhered to, good
housekeeping is maintained and accurate tracking logs are kept.
* Identify best practices that assist customers in increasing
operational efficiencies and identifying optimal equipment
* Segregate, label, mark and package waste materials in a safe and
* Collect, pour, transfer, consolidate, repackage and package
solid, liquid and sludge material.
* Perform labor intensive activities such as container or drum
collection, drum bulking, sorting trash for recyclables and loading
* Transfer waste into containers of different size.
* Provide labor support at 90-Day Hazardous Waste Pad, when
* May provide support or direction to less experienced
* Wears required personal protective equipment.
* Participates and cooperates in safety process, including
following written procedures, attending required training and
* Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, incidents, injuries or
property damage to supervisor.
* Follows Environmental and Quality Management System (ISO
14001/9001) policy, procedures and operational controls related to
* Maintains compliance with applicable environmental, safety and
transportation regulations (EPA, OSHA and DOT).
* May be required to operate site-specific equipment.
* This position will include a significant amount of manual
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Education: Associate degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree,
High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two (2) years of
relevant work experience.
* Experience: None required (in addition to education
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* OSHA HAZWOPER certification (or equivalent) or the ability to
obtain such within 30 days of employment.
* Forklift experience strongly approved
* Working knowledge of federal and state waste regulations
* Working knowledge of DOT HAZMAT regulations
* Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and as
a team contributor
* Pre-assignment and/or pre-hire customer-specific drug and/or
alcohol testing may be required by certain customer-contract
requirements. Such testing may include urinalysis, drug hair
follicle testing and/or alcohol testing.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* Must be able to work independently with little direction and as a
member of a team.
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as
keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50
pounds most of the work day;
* Team lifts of greater than 50 pounds may be required based on WM
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) most of the work
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of
* Ability to perform tasks in inclement weather.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click \\"Apply.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Texas City , Environmental Technician, Professions , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!