Security Facility Supervisor (Unarmed) - Mainland Medical Center
Company: Hss Inc
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 22, 2023
OverviewHSS specializes in managed security services in both
physical and virtual high-risk environments - keeping the
excitement out of security since 1967. We partner and serve with
organizations in healthcare, aviation, government, oil and gas,
schools, and other settings where safety and security are top of
mind. With nearly 3,500 highly knowledgeable security and support
staff, HSS protects its partners and communities through healthcare
technology management, integrated security services solutions, and
an ingrained ability to assess and de-escalate situations in
physical security. The combination of our experience and the way we
deliver it through Our Agnostic Approach helps our customers stay
calm and focused on what they need to do to keep their enterprises
running smoothly. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company
provides services nationally and maintains a presence in most
states. HSS is one of only a few companies to have earned leading
industry designation and certifications - and maintained a positive
customer retention rate since the company's inception. More
information about HSS can be found at hss-us.com.The Security
Facility Supervisor manages and provides leadership to assigned
workgroup; develops, implements, and coordinates program
- Manages daily work assignments and schedules to include the
daily schedule of all assigned HSS personnel.
- Manages time sheet processing, overtime utilization, and Vision
- May conduct off-hours inspections of employees and program
- Develops and updates Facility Orders and Competency Tasks.
- Oversees the assigned work group and/or location(s); maintains
HSS equipment and supplies.
- Provides facility employee involvement/security awareness
educational programs and workshops.
- Proactively leads, manages and develops direct reports.
- Develops and manages competency tasks and procedures.
- Analyzes department functions and make suggestions,
recommendations or changes when appropriate to increase
effectiveness and productivity.
- Writes reports / reviews reports from others and assesses
situations for potential negative impact.
- Interacts with various departments and leaders of the facility
to effectively implement the security program.
- Identifies program issues and potential negative situations;
develops and formulates possible solutions; reports possible
countermeasures to appropriate leaders.
- Performs duties of a security officer and/or supervisor as
needed which includes, but is not limited to:
- Provides a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities,
or suspicious activities in public and non-public areas which may
include but is not limited to areas such as the main building,
outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels,
mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency
- Escorts persons and assist facility personnel.
- Constantly alert and vigilant for activities which could result
in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property.
- Enforces and abides by all regulations and guidelines of the
facility, PACT/BeST and HSS.
- Verbally intervenes during crisis. This includes the functional
ability to quickly grasp stressful situations, develop rapport with
uncooperative individuals, understand when people are or are not
processing information, and be supportive or directive as
- Ability to physically intervene when people are in crisis. This
includes the functional ability to physically restrain people,
requiring retention of trained knowledge under stress as well as
the ability to meet significant physical demands including those of
a struggle with someone physically stronger, while making all
possible efforts not to inflict injury. It includes the ability to
continue to request or direct compliance from people while they are
- Communicates effectively with diverse people including clients
or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of a facility and, where
applicable, of multiple facilities.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the facility
security representatives, local public safety agencies, and HSS
- Participates on facility committees and interfaces with
appropriate facility departments.
- Ensures applicable paperwork/computer data are properly
documented and followed up.
- Attends HSS and facility conferences and meetings as
- Apply HSS' Use of Force Policy appropriately Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science, Behavioral Health or
related discipline preferred and/or the equivalent of education and
- IAHSS Basic Officer, Advanced Officer, and Supervisor Training
Certification within 6 months of assignment; must have Certified
Healthcare Protection Administrator Certificate within one year of
- Minimum of two to three years supervisory experience and
background in management in a service setting.
- One year of mental health experience preferred.
- Prefer experience and training in dealing with behavioral
health patients and other aggressive or "At Risk" persons and
related staff/patient safety situations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English language
- Strong public speaking skills to participate in and/or lead a
- Ability to effectively write analytical reports, routine
reports and correspondence and proofread team member reports for
such things as correct spelling, grammar and clarity.
- Ability to build positive working relationships and demonstrate
- Experience with Vision or other scheduling systems is a
- Experience with data analytics preferred.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and ability to learn Vision
labor management software and incident reporting software.
- Excellent customer service skills and genuine desire to assist
people and provide protection.
- Manages security program operations duties which include but
are not limited to:
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly identify
potential negative or dangerous situations and implement effective
- Manage and motivate a diverse workforce, monitor and measure
employee performance and provide appropriate feedback.
- Ability to meet HSS's driving requirements and maintain a valid
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable
jurisdictional security license(s) or certifications and/or
client/contract specific licenses or certifications
- HSS is a drug-free workplace.Our full-time positions offer role
specific on-the-job training, career paths, and a full range of
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Medical Reimbursement Plans
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays*
- 401k Plan & Free Retirement Planning Consulting
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Income Protection
- Life Insurance for Teammate and Family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition & Reward Program
- Perks Discount Programs with 3,000 free classes from yoga to
- Wellness Program
- Pet Insurance
- Identify Theft Protection Plan
- RTD EcoPass available by location*The schedule of paid holidays
may vary by location.Compensation Range: - -Compensation is
determined by factors like training or experience, work history,
geographic location, and travel requirements. The Company complies
with all state and local wage and hour laws and the minimum pay
range will always be at or above the applicable minimum wage.HSS
will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected
Keywords: Hss Inc, Texas City , Security Facility Supervisor (Unarmed) - Mainland Medical Center, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...