Head of Product (Remote)
Location: Texas City
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Your key areas of focus :
- Lead and scale our 15-person product team
- Maintain a detailed 1-year product roadmap and a 3-year vision,
paying particular attention to how we continue to differentiate
with our core product and which additional problems we can solve
In your first few months you'll:
- Spend lots of time pouring over data, shadowing growth and
support team members, and finding other creative ways to get to
know our users
- Mentor our product and design teams, hiring as necessary to
build them out
- Gradually assume tie-breaking responsibility amongst the PMs to
ensure correct prioritization - and reorganize the team's structure
and processes as necessary to make tiebreaking less necessary in
the first place.
- Collaborate with other executives to ensure the product remains
aligned with engineering, ops, growth marketing, support,
compliance, finance, and other critical teams.
- In conjunction with our CEO, identify the next adjacency to
pursue and the key points of differentiation to prioritize in the
What you bring to the table:
- Deep experience building a consumer mobile app in a competitive
space. Others may look at your app and say, "Isn't that a
commodity?" but you know your users well enough to know which
details matter and how you differentiate.
- Excellent story-telling skills. Authentic narratives are part
of the product. Along with others on our leadership team, you'll be
the voice of users to several internal teams, and, in collaboration
with our product marketing team, you'll be the voice of our product
- Strong team-building skills. You're obsessed with hiring great
team members and know how to get the best out of them.
- Analytics mindset. We obsess over user and transaction data,
striving to measure everything and constantly monitor (and move!)
the metrics that matter most. A fun day for you might be talking
with users in the morning and writing SQL queries in the afternoon
to answer questions that emerged from those conversations.
- User obsession. If you're not excited to talk to users - to
deeply understand their experience with our service and what other
problems we can solve for them - you will not like this job.
Bonus points if you:
- Experience taking a single-use product and expanding to
multiple services/use cases
- Experience building products in a regulated
- Are familiar with any of the diaspora communities we serve Are
passionate about achieving Sendwave's mission and are excited at
the prospect of lowering remittance costs for the communities we
Keywords: Zepz, Texas City , Head of Product (Remote), Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...