Process Control Engineer
Company: Manpower Engineering
Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job Summary: The Process Controls Engineer will work on
industrial process control systems changes driven by capital
projects, standard methodologies, plant production initiatives and
reliability improvement efforts. This individual will work closely
with regional controls engineers, area managers, site supervisors
and operating staff. S/he would be expected to gain working
knowledge of the process control systems at various locations in
the general Houston, TX area.Principal responsibilities:
- Support control system troubleshooting & upset
- Identify, implement and support improvement projects related to
the DCS & SIS systems.
- Provides process control systems engineering support for
facilities located in & around the Houston area.
- Long-term planning and support of the control systems with
respect to programming, preventive maintenance and migration.
- Implement changes to the control logic, HMI, database,
documentation of these changes and direct operator support.
- Align with local I&E technicians, providing support and
involvement with instrument related maintenance tasks.
- Contribute to the improvement and optimization of existing
assets, addressing instrumentation/automation system obsolescence
issues and meeting organizational goals for safety, reliability,
cyber security, cost reduction contributions.Qualifications:
- B.S. in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or
Engineering Technology with relevant 5 or more years of control
systems experience (Associates Degree or equivalent military
training and a minimum of 10 years of controls systems experience
will also be considered).
- Be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal and
- This individual must be capable of working in a team
environment with shared responsibilities.Desired Skills:
- Hands-on knowledge of control systems (DCS/PLC). Emphasis will
be placed on skills related to ABB S+, Siemens (Moore) APACS,
Siemens PCS7 and Honeywell control systems.
- Knowledge of field instrumentation, including valves and
- Proficiency and experience with concepts related to level,
temperature, pressure and flow measurement.
- Knowledge of computer networks as relates to Industrial Control
- General knowledge of Cyber Security implementation as relates
to Industrial Control Systems.
- General knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems as applicable
to Mechanical Integrity.
- Process knowledge relating to plant operations.
- Effective Communicator, be able to present complex problems to
a varied audience in a concise and accurate manner across the
organization, including customers, vendors, management and site
Keywords: Manpower Engineering, Texas City , Process Control Engineer, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!