Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Description Do you want to be a part of a family and not just
another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where
diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and
find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We value your
contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our
teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Laboratory
Supervisor to join our family. Come be a part of the change! We
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland - Texas
City, TX Laboratory Supervisor - Laboratory HCA Houston Healthcare
Mainland has been an integral part of Galveston County for more
than 60 years. We offer 223 beds and services in emergency
medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, physical therapy,
radiology, total joint replacements, hyperbaric medicine
diagnostic/imaging services and wound care facilities. HCA Houston
Healthcare Mainland is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part
of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a
comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers,
emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater
Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17
hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency
centers, and a regional transfer center. What you will do in this
- Performs and supervises accurate and appropriate diagnostic
testing, phlebotomy, and clerical procedures in accordance with the
laboratory's written policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing, monitoring, and reviewing quality
assurance/control on diagnostic testing and for initiating
appropriate corrective action on exceptions.
- Responsible for monitoring all patient test results for
accuracy: must ensure that all corrective action on exceptions were
appropriate, and that instrument/reagent systems function and
maintenance were performed and appropriate.
- Monitors reports for accuracy and for appropriate documentation
of abnormal/critical values.
- Monitors stat and routine turnaround time for appropriateness,
initiates corrective action on exceptions.
- Oversees scheduling of personnel and ensures that staffing
needs are provided.
- Assists with evaluation of equipment, reagents, and
- Assists in documenting and evaluating the performance of MT's,
MLT's, Phlebotomists, and Clerical personnel.
- Develops, revises, and maintains policies and procedures.
- Assists with maintaining accurate billing compliance and
correcting billing errors.
- Assists in working with Kronos time-clock, payroll, and
- Develops CQI indicators; compiles information; makes
recommendations; ensures corrective action and evaluates
- Collaborates with technologists, physicians, nurses, and other
clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's
diagnostic laboratory testing.
- Works with professional and non-professional employees of the
hospital and with physicians, patients, and their families.
What qualifications you will need:
- Requires BS in Medical Technology with certification as MT or
CLS from ASCP, AMT, or NCA.
- Requires three years recent experience under a qualified
director/manager in a clinical laboratory performing high
- Necessitates an in-depth knowledge of techniques, principles,
and instrumentation, and their relationships. HCA Healthcare ranks
on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive
years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd
love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We
are actively interviewing so apply today! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Texas City , Laboratory Supervisor, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!