New Grad RN Residency Program
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Description Join our HCA Nurse Residency Program! "RN's with
less than 6 months of experience please apply"Do you have a passion
for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a
fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career
with HCA Houston Healthcare's StaRN Nurse Residency Program.We
invite RN's to apply for a unique and rewarding opportunity to
receive didactic and clinical training in most areas of nursing.
This program will allow new graduates to obtain experience through
an intensive internship program and then transition into full-time
staff roles.This program varies from 12-22 weeks depending on the
specialty you choose. Didactic, interactive course work &
simulation labs. During the first part of the training schedule
(first 5-11 weeks), class will be Monday- Friday 8 A.M. to 5 P.M at
a centralized location. The remaining timeframe is preceptorship at
the hospital; at this time, shifts will transition to 12 hours, 3
days each week.All who successfully complete the StaRN program will
transition into full-time roles at hired hospital & department they
are selected for during the initial interview process.Program
- The typical schedule during the first portion of the StaRN is
Monday through Friday; 8-hours a day, 40 hours a week but can also
include a weekend day during the holidays.
- The preceptorship portion of the program consists of three
12-hour shifts per week and every other weekend at the hospital,
following the preceptor's schedule.
- Certifications achieved BLS, ACLS, CPI, EKG, NIH Stroke Scale,
and Meditech Modules.
- Attendance is mandatory for the entire program.
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time
commitment to the hospital. Residents may be obligated to repay a
pro-rated portion of the educational costs should they break that
commitment. Professional Development Program (remainder of the 1st
- Paired with a trained mentor for integration and socialization
into the culture of professional nursing
- Frequent resident seminars following a core curriculum for
- Completion of an evidence-based poster presentation
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is preferred, ADN must be
enrolling into BSN program.What qualifications you will need:*
Graduate of an accredited nursing school, with less than 6 months
of RN experience.* NCLEX taken prior to cohort start preferred,
NCLEX test must be taken no later than the Monday before
preceptorship.* Strong communication skills required.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Texas City , New Grad RN Residency Program, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!