Company: One Tech Engineering
Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 16, 2022
01st November, 2022One Tech Engineering is searching for GIS
Specialist position located in Houston, Texas. The GIS Specialist
will perform in developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS
data for a wide variety of professional services. This position
will perform in a variety GIS analysis, GIS data development, GIS
data maintenance and data preparation for use in public safety GIS
systems and regularly communicate project status to our customers,
as customer service is a key component of the GIS Specialist
position. The candidate must be a US Citizen or a green card
holder, the position is not eligible for sponsorship. The candidate
should have a bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, environmental
science, or closely related natural science field. Local candidates
or open to relocation preferred, this is not a remote position. GIS
- Analyze GIS, data, and mapping for the Engineering, and
Surveying departments while supporting both internal and external
- Produce technical specifications, project approach, cost
estimates and schedules.
- Develop and review GIS mapping and data collection tasks.
- Utilize various software packages and information from various
sources (MS Access databases, MS Excel spreadsheets and documents
such as deeds, field notes etc.) to create GIS maps to support
field personnel as well as for deliverables.
- Perform digital feature extraction from multiple data
- Execute projections and transformations for project
- Support GIS system needs and requirements to implement improved
- Create and update new and existing GIS maps and map layers and
GPS data edition and representation using ArcGIS in support of
- Collect GPS data and post-processing for high accuracy data
- Support GIS metadata creation.
- Design extensions and add-ins for GIS applications such as ESRI
ArcGIS Explorer for in-house use.
- Perform land survey records search, ownership data research
from various sources.
- Support georeference Raster and Vector data.
- All other duties as assigned. Requirements of the GIS
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, or
closely related natural science field.
- Applicable years of experience may be applied for degree
- Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in the ArcGIS desktop and online environment
is required (ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or higher required).
- Basic GIS skills, including data analysis abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Prior GPS and applicable natural science field experience a
Keywords: One Tech Engineering, Texas City , GIS Specialist, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!