Company: Quality Distribution, Inc.
Location: Texas City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Quality Carriers, Inc. is the nation's #1 tank trucking company.
We transport a broad range of chemical products and provide our
customers with value added services. We're a core carrier for many
of the Fortune 500 companies engaged in chemical processing and we
provide services to each of the top 100 chemical producers in the
world with US operations.
We employ over 2,000 people nationwide and have over 200 people in
our Tampa based corporate office.
QC is looking for a Shop Supervisor for our Tanker Fleet and Class
8 heavy-duty trucks and trailers shop located in La Porte, TX.
The Shop Supervisor, Under general supervision from the Regional
Fleet Manager (RFM), supervises the maintenance of the terminal's
tractors and chemical cargo trailers ensuring assets are maintained
in accordance with federal (DOT), state and local regulations and
company policies. Determines the overall mechanical condition of
vehicles and equipment, diagnoses component malfunctions and
initiates repair actions. Maintains outside vendor and service
provider relationships. Ability and desire to work in a positive,
fast-paced, and high energy environment.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment
assigned to the company terminal.
- Schedules weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual preventive
- Properly annotates all maintenance performed on prescribed
forms and enters data into TMT and other data collection
- Manages the shop facility in a safe, efficient, timely,
cost-effective and practical manner and in compliance with OSHA
regulations and company policies.
- Adheres to all established safety policies and standards to
include identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or
disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Manage and maintain an inventory of spare parts, tools,
specialized test equipment, and consumables.
- Schedule and supervise mechanics to meet terminal maintenance
requirements within budget.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the RFM.
Minimum education/experience necessary to perform the job:
- High school diploma or GED plus course work in auto and
equipment mechanics at a trade school and six (6) years of
experience as a mechanic, or any equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Must Possess at least 2+ years in a Shop Supervisory or Lead
- Must possess at least 5+ years' industry experience in fleet
- Knowledge is mandatory of vehicle and equipment theory,
principles and repair relating to diesel engines, air, electrical,
mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
- Thorough knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT
rules and regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Competent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel and
Word and other web-based applications. Ability to use vehicle
- Proficient in the use and completion of repair and purchase
orders produced by a maintenance management system.
- Minimum special knowledge and skills required: 3 to 5 years as
a fleet maintenance supervisor preferred. DOT HM-183 training or
experience a plus. ASE certification not required but highly
Minimum special knowledge and skills required:
- 3 to 5 years as a fleet maintenance supervisor
- DOT HM-183 training or experience a plus.
- ASE certification not required but recommended.
We offer competitive wages and employee benefits (Flexible spending
accounts, generous Paid Time Off/Holiday Schedule, On-site Dry
Cleaning Pickup and Delivery, in addition to Medical, Dental and
Quality Carriers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
physical or mental disability, military/veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Please note that per Quality policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Quality will have the
right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed
to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Quality Distribution, Inc., Texas City , Shop Supervisor, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!