Claims Adjuster - Property Field
Company: State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company
Location: Texas City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
Summary & Key Responsibilities
Location: San Antonio, TX area
In this role you will handle low to mid-range complexity homeowners
and commercial claims. Handling will consist of a direct
investigation of the facts of loss, evaluation of coverages,
damages, liability, and negotiation of claims to a proper
conclusion. You may also be involved with litigated files for
experience and developmental purposes.Key Responsibilities:
- Make prompt contact with policyholders, claimants, witnesses,
and other parties involved in the loss to set expectations, develop
an action plan, and perform an initial exposure
- Determines policy status and coverage; reviews appropriate
policies and endorsements for coverage, limits, and deductibles;
immediately notify manager of any claim that may be outside of
assigned scope of handling, level, or authority.
- Conducts an investigation to determine coverage, liability, and
damages, including recorded statements and coordination of field
inspections or experts when necessary based on Department Best
- Identifies any subrogation potential and liability exposures
and consults with supervisor.
- Ability to scope and estimate first party homeowners claims,
commercial claims, personal property claims as well as time element
damages using company approved software applications.
- Performs all claims related functions with guided assistance
and input from their supervisor.
- Ensures regular and timely follow-up and brings claims to
prompt and appropriate conclusion while keeping the customer
informed throughout the life cycle of the claim process.
- Maintains electronic records that accurately and thoroughly
document all file handling activity.
- Field Positions - Must be willing and able to perform CAT
adjustment duties (overnight travel involved) including, handling
of ladders, climbing on roofs and other physical demands involving
outside property claim handling.
- May be called upon to perform additional duties as
- Overnight travel may be required.
Overall Company Operations:
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate with co-workers by assisting in areas where and
- Exhibit positive demeanor and professional behavior toward
coworkers, clients, and customers.
- Actively participate in personal goal setting and in the
coaching and performance management process.
- Observe all company safety and health rules and apply these in
all day-to-day activities.
- Reasonable and predictable attendance is required.
Minimum Required Experience/Education:
- Current license in Property.
- Minimum of 3 years of field claim experience required.
- Previous experience within the insurance industry within the
line of business is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary
- Industry designation such as AIC, CPCU preferred.
Communication Skills, Collaboration Skills, Technical Knowledge &
- Professional oral and written communication skills are critical
to the success of this position.
- All claims service must be handled with tact, diplomacy, and
courtesy at all times.
- Must be able to collaborate and develop strong team
relationships with associates from within and outside the Claims
- Customer-centric with exceptional customer service
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of
insurance policies and endorsements, as well as the ability to
understand complex documents, contracts, and other legal
- Gather facts and draw conclusions, interpret complex
requirements/issues and work independently.
- The individual must be able to identify and implement key
opportunities while researching potential solutions.
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an
excellent benefits program including medical, dental, vision and
prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k)
plan, flexible spending accounts, and tuition assistance.
State Auto is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing
associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination
and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on
business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military
status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize background
checks as a condition of employment. For all exempt positions, we
also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters
without a signed agreement with State Auto.
As a general guide and depending upon experience we anticipate the
salary range to be $60,000 to $80,000.
If you are ready for more than a job, and are looking for a career
look no further!
Full Time / Part Time
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: State Automobile Mutual Insurance Company, Texas City , Claims Adjuster - Property Field, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!