Power Systems Engineer
Company: INEOS Aromatics
Location: Texas City
Posted on: June 20, 2022
INEOS AromaticsFrom soft drink bottles to packaging trays, from
clothing to carpet, INEOS Aromatics makes the chemicals used to
produce many of the things we use in our daily lives.Our main
products include paraxylene (PX) and purified terephthalic acid
(PTA). PTA is a raw material used in the manufacture of polyesters
used to make fibers, textiles, film, and polyethylene terephthalate
(PET) bottles. PX is a feedstock for PTA production. We also
produce meta xylene, a feedstock for PX production.We are comprised
of a diverse team of engineers, scientists and business
professionals dedicated to discovering practices to confront some
of the world's biggest issues. We are looking for people who can
contribute to our passion for reinvention, have a collaborative
spirit and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net
zero.We care about how we deliver these essential products to the
world. Above everything, the safety, reliability, and excellence in
our operations is fundamental to our success.Our sites and offices
can be found around the world, in the United States, United
Kingdom, China, Belgium, Indonesia and Taiwan.In return for your
excellent skills and abilities, we offer a competitive benefits
package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K match (up
to 9%), STD/LTD, paid dependent care days, Life
Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment, 9 paid holidays, 2
personal days and paid vacation.The primary responsibilities of the
Power Systems Engineer is to be the technical authority for power
systems; to develop long term reliability plans for the site's
electrical infrastructure and high voltage motors; and to manage
capital and expense projects generated from long term reliability
plans. The Power Systems Engineer will also support development of
training programs, manage the Site Technical Practices for power
systems, support the Asset Maintenance Engineers, and drive
continuous improvement in work execution processes.Key
- Technical Authority for power systems.
- Maintains and improves the safety and availability of power
systems (main substation feeders to unit main breakers) throughout
- Develops sound operations and maintenance strategies for site
- Develops predictive and preventive programs for site power
- Develops a long-term reliability plan for site's electrical
infrastructure and high voltage motors that is aligned with the
- Monitors operation of site power systems on a routine basis,
addresses emerging issues, identifies causes of unreliability and
proposes solutions to meet site goals.
- Provides technical support and assists with the execution of
power systems maintenance work.
- Provides technical support for all emergency/after-hours power
systems work that requires troubleshooting and scope
- Identifies cost savings opportunities for power systems that
support the site's goals.
- Performs electrical design and issues construction packages for
- Provides electrical design review on the Front End Loading
stages of Capital Expenditure projects to ensure that final product
meets site standards.
- Leads/conducts formal root cause failure analysis.
- Develops/Identifies turnaround scope and reviews TAR job plans
for all power systems.
- Supports turnaround field work to ensure quality and compliance
with construction packages.
- Supports unit startups for critical equipment after major
- Participates in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) as needed.
- Provides technical assistance to planners for major power
systems repairs and maintenance projects.
- Manages major maintenance projects and capital projects
generated from long term reliability plans.
- Manages the Site Technical Practices (STP) for power
- Assists with the development/updates of maintenance procedures,
including specialized Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO). Ensures that the
power system procedures are revised as required.
- Adheres to the Management of Change process for field/shop
modifications and operating parameter changes.
- Updates and maintains engineering files.
- Supports the development of training programs and assists with
training as needed.
- Assists with training Operations personnel on modifications to
- Creates and revises preventive maintenance procedures as
- Identifies gaps and drives continuous improvement in the
engineering work processes and the maintenance work processes.
- Assists the Asset Maintenance Engineers with technical support
for power systems work; root cause failure analysis for electrical
failures; and TAR support for electrical equipment.
- Participates in and leads, if necessary, incident
- Adheres to INEOS Aromatics' and industry standards and codes
for all repairs and projects.
- Maintains Emergency / Surgical Shutdown Worklist (non PM).
- Understands how the work of the your team affects the
environment. Supports your area to minimize impact on the
environment. Supports the site Environmental Management System
- Compliance with and promotion of different behavioral and
process safety initiatives and measures - supporting 20 INEOS SHE
Principles, IGGN's, SHE KPI's, risk assessments, etc. These
initiatives are reviewed on yearly appraisals.Education and
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Requires at least 10 years experience in maintenance or
reliability engineering role, with exposure to electrical
infrastructure and high voltage power systems troubleshooting and
maintenance in a plant environment.
- Registration as a professional engineer in Electrical
Engineering is preferred.
- English - FluentJob Requirements:CORE & FOUNDATION
- Performance Bias
- Business Insight
- SHE Skills
- Taking the Lead
- Interpersonal Skills
- Partnership & Teamworking
- Digital Skills
- Wise DecisionsTECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Technical Disciplines
- Operations CompetenciesLegal Disclaimer:If you are selected for
a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent
upon submission to and successful completion of a
post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical
examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement
verification of the information and qualifications provided during
the selection process.Safety remains and always will be our number
one priority in INEOS. Our US locations now require all new hires
to provide one of the following as a condition of employment:---
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or--- Willingness to obtain the
vaccine before hire date (under this option, proof of vaccination
is a condition to any offer of employment and must be provided
prior to commencement of employment), or--- Validation of your
religious or medical exemptionINEOS is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status
or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Keywords: INEOS Aromatics, Texas City , Power Systems Engineer, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!