Our company has an outstanding opportunity for a
results-focused, highly driven and experienced Warehouse
Shipping/Receiving Clerk. This employeereceives, stores, and
distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the
warehouse, as well as,delivers parts ordered bythe customer.
- Assist shipping and receiving , unloading trucks, checking in
merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and
distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or
requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or
distributed and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to
shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in
bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style,
color, or product code.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials,
tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to
designated route driver storage area.
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on
pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or
- Marking materials with identifying information using
- Opening bales, crates, and other containers.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed
via appropriate computer program.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
- Weighing and counting items for distribution within plant to
ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Completing requisition forms to order supplies from other
- Preparing parcels for mailing.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all
- Delivers ordered parts to customers.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three
months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute
rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The
employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally
lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental and supplemental
insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, paid time off, holiday pay
and company paid continuing education and training.
The DeMontrondfamily business was established in Houston
in 1953 but dates back to 1914 with the first Buick franchise in
Texas. Our family of dealerships is an established group of
family-owned and operated automobile and recreational vehicle
dealerships serving the greater Houston-area from Conroe to Texas
City; we currently offer Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Buick, GMC,
Volvo, Volkswagen, Kia, Chevrolet, Hyundai,Genesis and a wide range
of trailers, 5thwheels and motorhomes and we are the
exclusive home of Warranty Foreverin the greater Houston area.
DeMontrondhas a long-standing tradition of excellence and
guest-satisfaction and we are seeking team members who have the
highest level of integrity, are self-motivated and have a desire
for a long-term career rather than just a job.
Our company maintains a strong policy of equal
employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote
and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional
competence and potential for advancement without regard for race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status,
disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.