Technician - LDAR
Company: PSC Industrial Services, Inc.
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The LDAR Monitoring Technician, using an analyzer and electronic
data recorder, is responsible for accurately monitoring components
on an assigned route within an industrial facility. The Monitoring
Technician is also responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure
optimum performance of the analyzer, as well as identify leads and
process leak tags.
- Demonstrates initiative, planning work and carrying out tasks
without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions;
prepares for problems or opportunities in advance and undertakes
- Must possess the ability to use a portable analyzer and
electronic data collector.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify
problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external
customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the
customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering
new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
- Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action,
considering resources, constraints and company values.
- Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial
environment to detect emissions from process equipment.
- Performs monitoring activities for an assigned route within a
prescribed period of time, ensuring all components are accurately
monitored and reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum
performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations
- Identifies leaks and processes leak tags
- Completes daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer
database and completes daily emissions monitoring reports- must
have basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate daily equipment changes with office personnel
- Communicate/Coordinate with plant personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Plant/Refinery Environment
- Heights/Confined Spaces
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Skills and experience:
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and
- Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful,
but not necessary.
- Must be willing/able to work at moderate to high levels of
physical exertion for extended periods.
- Must be willing/able to work in inclement weather conditions
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities a plus.
Keywords: PSC Industrial Services, Inc., Texas City , Technician - LDAR, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!