Location Name: Texas City, TX
Job/Requisition ID: 62817
Location Address: 2401 5th Avenue South, Texas City, TX, United
States (US), 77590
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
MPCs Galveston Bay Refinery located in Texas City, Texas, is
seeking an Electrical Reliability Engineer . The position entails
managing the electrical equipment and infrastructure at the
Galveston Bay Refinery, which includes budgeting for planned
equipment replacements, troubleshooting existing issues,
implementing new solutions, and creating new reliability programs
targeting longer run-times and safer operations. A working
knowledge of electrical switchgear, transformers, motors,
synchronous motor controls, UPS and battery systems, including NFPA
70E is required. The position requires strong teamwork and
interfacing with all departments at the Galveston Bay Refinery.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance in
resolving electrical design, operation, and maintenance problems
and contact internal and/or external experts as required.
- Utilize reliability modeling and analytical tools such as
Weibull, failure tracking, root cause failure analysis, and
life-cycle cost analysis to improve reliability of electrical
equipment and systems.
- Develop and review turnaround worklists for inclusion of
compliance-based testing requirements, needed maintenance
activities & repairs, recommended upgrades & replacements, etc. of
critical electrical assets.
- Provide leadership and decision making skills during
turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair
- Provide technical expertise and lead investigations to solve
recurring electrical equipment failures, reliability threats,
and/or performance issues.
- Establish and maintain equipment asset strategies for
electrical infrastructure, including monitoring plans, PM plans,
PdM activities, etc.
- Periodically review electrical corporate specifications for
potential improvement based on industry and site specific
- Develop cost justification for reliability improvement
projects, prepare reports that monitor and track reliability
indicators, provide technical resources and training to support our
- Conduct post-audits to measure the effectiveness of significant
reliability related projects and activities.
- Provide technical resources and training to support our
- Revalidate/write electrical testing procedures, maintenance
procedures, QA/QC checklists, etc. to ensure reliability excellence
via NETA requirements.
- Display a commitment to training and continuous improvement
- Develop and manage Electrical System Studies with ETAP which
include load flows, short circuit, relay coordination, arc flash,
grounding and motor start studies.
- Develop and maintain final relay set points and logic
configuration settings for site transmission, substation, and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or similar discipline required
- Four years of electrical engineering plant-level experience,
preferably in the refining or petrochemical industry with
- Seven (7) + years of power systems experience
- Experienced in power systems studies using ETAP or similar
- Advanced knowledge of Protective Relay Programming (SEL, GE
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated,
downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The
company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's
marketing system includes branded locations across the United
States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an
MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across
the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority
limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns
and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as
well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding
or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability,
medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin,
genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status,
citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your
EEO rights as an applicant, click here .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our
Human Resources Department at
email@example.com . Please specify the
reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job
posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources
representative will review your request and contact you to discuss
a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify
program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA,
MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding,
please see details in English or Spanish . Right to Work Statement
English or Spanish .
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation
please visit mympcbenefits.com .