Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Provides reliability and maintenance mechanical engineering
technical support with the primary purpose of increasing rotating
- Promotes Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) goals of the
- Supports Maintenance Department Annual Goals.
- Provides troubleshooting and technical support for the refinery
on rotating equipment issues.
- Submits annual budget requests for rotating equipment.
- Performs formal/informal incident investigations on rotating
- Provides rotating equipment technical support to project
engineering for refinery capital projects.
- Provides technical support to turnaround and major
- Develops bad actor action plans for area of
- Approves scopes and provides oversite for offsite rotating
- Serves on refinery teams requiring Rotating Equipment
- Establishes and update spare parts requests/stocking levels for
- Develops/Implements Refinery Wide Preventive Maintenance (PM)
- Develops/Implements Refinery Wide Predictive Maintenance (PdM)
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not
eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelors of Science (or higher) degree in Engineering
- 5 years rotating equipment experience is required.
- Bachelors or higher level degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory
guidelines, and other work-related documentation required.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working
with sensitive information, results, and communications
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer
service to individuals at all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including
short, long, and emergency timeframes required.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure
efficient coverage department responsibilities required.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to
ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card
(Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valeros
policy that employees must wear this card at all times while
working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria at
Position level and salary will be commensurate with
qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a
reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels
manufacturing and marketing industry. Its not just the excellent
benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, its
also the caring and committed culture of the organization that
makes everyone feel like theyre truly part of a team. For more
information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are
encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment
without regard to legally protected status including sexual
orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with
Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Keywords: Valero, Texas City , Equipment Engineer, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!