Senior Process Controls Engineer
Company: Praxair, Inc.
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering
company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (25 billion). We live our
mission of making our world more productive every day by providing
high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making
our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace,
chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare,
manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used
in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to
high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing,
hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers
state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer
expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and
services, please visit www.linde.com.
Job Purpose and Scope: Provide technical and project support for
the implementation, troubleshooting and monitoring of process
controls systems for the North American Industrial Gases (NAIG)
Hydrogen and Carbon Monoxide business.
Reporting Relationships: This position reports to the HyCO
Process Controls Engineering Manager.
- Support process control and monitoring systems nationally for
hydrogen and carbon monoxide facilities in Praxair NAIG, consisting
mainly of Steam Methane Reforming (SMR) processes.
- Lead and execute moderately complex engineering projects with
- Works closely with Global Hydrogen Engineering to ensure
projects are meeting standards in accordance with Praxair policies
- Actively involved in the planning of CSU activities for HYCO
plants nationally to prevent obsolescence
- Perform project engineering and maintenance work from design to
implementation and ensure adherence to Praxair Guidelines and
- Participate as a key contributor on projects and serve as a
technical lead as well as providing technical guidance to others as
- Work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
based on full awareness of viability, cost and other benefits.
- Develops and implements innovative process controls solutions
to chronic issues.
- Provide primary control system hardware/software support,
instrumentation, and process engineering/optimization to a variety
of field personnel including operations technicians, instrument
technicians, process engineering and various members of the
operations management teams.
- Provide support in the areas of training, troubleshooting,
environmental compliance, Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and
preventative /corrective maintenance, focusing on all areas of
advanced process control systems.
- Ensure control system changes are implemented in accordance
with Praxair Management of Change Protocols.
- Actively involved in the planning, identification, and
development of long-range capital programs, especially in the area
of control system upgrades
- Demonstrate significant technical independence, excellent
project management skills and leadership in development of control
systems applications and safety standards.
- Play an active role and lead aspects of projects involving
- Ensure equipment for new projects meet Praxair Standards and
- Represent US HyCO Business in rollout and implementation of
- Write, Update, and Execute Functional Test Procedures
- Provide off hours support to resolve control system
- Serve as a subject matter expert in SRS, SIL ratings, and ISA84
- Travel nationally to other US locations as required for support
(up to 25 - 35%)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or 10 years or more
experience in Control Systems or Computer Related Field
- Minimum of five (5) years of chemical industry experience.
- Advanced understanding of continuous chemical processes.
- Working knowledge of primary instrumentation.
- Proficiency with schematic wiring diagrams
- Proficiency with process control content of P&I
- Experience with managing Control System Upgrades
- Practical applications experience with Foxboro, Emerson Delta
V, Allen-Bradley PLC5, Control Logix, Bailey INFI190 control
- Proficient working knowledge in steam methane reforming
- Project Management experience
- Advanced process troubleshooting experience.
- STRATEGIC SKILLS
- OPERATING SKILLS
- ENERGY & DRIVE
- ORGANIZATIONAL UNDERSTANDING
- PERSONAL & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Praxair, Inc., Texas City , Senior Process Controls Engineer, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!