Materials and Document Administrator
Company: Praxair, Inc. ST
Location: Texas City
Posted on: March 16, 2020
Materials and Document AdministratorDescriptionABOUT
PRAXAIR:Praxair, Inc., a wholly-ownedsubsidiary of Linde plc, is a
leading industrial gas company in North and SouthAmerica and one of
the largestworldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes
atmospheric, processand specialtygases, and high-performancesurface
coatings. Our products,servicesand technologies are making our
planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental
benefits to a wide variety ofindustries,
primarymetalsand many others. For more information about
thecompany, please visit our website atwww.praxair.com.JOB
DESCRIPTION:This position providesmaterials and document support
for the HYCO facilities in Texas City. The primary work location is
at the facilitylocated at 703 6thSt South. The position also
provides support for the SMR facility located at theMarathon
refinery.Working with minimalsupervision, this position monitors
inventories, orders as necessary and receiptsall materials
delivered to the site. Allservices for the site are coordinated and
documented. The position is also responsible forcompliance
documents and overall document control for the facility.
- Interacts with all facility personnel to understand needs to
purchased materials and equipment. Works closely with the area cost
accountant to ensure purchase orders are generated in a timely
fashion. Note that this role generally would not issue RFQs unless
directed by the cost accountant.
- Receives and documents all materials received and is
responsible to notify the person responsible for the final
disposition of the material. Note that the site receives materials
for multiple locations.
- Documents receipt of materials and services as approved by the
- Develops and identifies improvements in material
management-related work processes (requisitioning, purchasing,
expediting, transportation, receiving).
- Maintains inventory of on-site warehouse materials including
materials in conexes and climate controlled locations.
- Maintains inventory of process chemicals.
- Serves as document control specialist and document control
system throughout the facility.
- Serves as record management specialist for the facility and
assures record retention requirements are met.
- Provides administrative support to environmental specialist
including but not limited to fee payments, compliance submittals
and environmental document retention.
- Supports site security systems including issuance of badges,
visitor orientation and documentation.
- May train end users on material management system use, document
management or similar.
- May lead and supervise site initiatives.
- Quickly learns and applies new concepts, skills and knowledge
to assigned tasks.Qualifications
- 2 years of experience in database management, technical
documentcontrol, and project support experience is required.
- Computer knowledge - proficiency in Microsoft
- 1 year experience in materialmanagement or warehouse management
- Experience with 5S or Lean six sigma is preferred
- Experience with JDE software preferred.
- Some local travel is required (less than 10%).All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.Job
Administration & Support ServicesPrimary Location Texas-Texas
CitySchedule Full-timeReq ID: 20000609
Keywords: Praxair, Inc. ST, Texas City , Materials and Document Administrator, Other , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!