Med Lab Scientist, Lab Services - Outreach Sales
Company: UTMB Health
Location: Texas City
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Medical Laboratory Scientist, Laboratory Services provides
technical skills necessary to perform and report moderate or highly
complex laboratory tests within a division of the clinical
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures with
accuracy and precision, following standard procedures and
recognizes deviation from expected results.
- Reviews and evaluates accuracy of lab data and reports patient
results with all required documentation.
- Performs, records and evaluates quality control data according
to procedures including checking expiration dates and documentation
of QC performance before use.
- Performs and documents required maintenance procedures for
laboratory instruments and equipment as assigned.
- Recognizes equipment malfunctions and troubleshoots according
- Recognizes factors that affect measurements and results and
takes appropriate action.
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines,
apply problem-solving skills, meet deadlines and meet urgent
patient, provider, and system needs.
- Reviews and suggests revisions for test procedures.
- Participates in evaluations of new tests or instruments, as
- Monitors inventory for proper levels, notifies person
responsible for ordering when supplies needed, and receives and
unpacks supplies when delivered.
- Instructs and trains employees and students. May assess staff
- Communicates pertinent information to staff members,
management, medical directors, and other divisions.
- Performs laboratory testing as required per division.
- Available to cover different shifts if requested to guarantee
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Adheres to all safety protocols in each laboratory area.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a Clinical Laboratory Science or Basic
- No experience required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Must obtain certification by the American Society of Clinical
Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or
equivalent certification as appropriate, within 12 months of hire.
- Qualifies as Testing Personnel for high complexity testing
under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA)
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic
information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis
protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local
laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA
Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire
and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Keywords: UTMB Health, Texas City , Med Lab Scientist, Lab Services - Outreach Sales , Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!