Registered Nurse, RN
Company: VitalCore Health Strategies
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 28, 2023
VitalCore Health Strategies (VCHS), an industry leader in
Correctional Health has openings for Registered Nurses at Galveston
County Jail in Galveston, Texas! Looking for a rewarding career in
the healthcare field with competitive wages, an annual incentive
bonus, and an excellent benefits package?At VitalCore we pride
ourselves on retaining and acquiring hardworking ethical
individuals who are committed to providing quality services. Join
our team and experience first-hand how VitalCore Health Strategies
promotes a positive work environment that is based on respect and
appreciation of the hard work and dedication of our
staff.REGISTERED NURSE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Holiday Pay: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day,
Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans
Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Animal/Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program and Discount Center
- Annual Incentive Bonus REGISTERED NURSE (RN) POSITION SUMMARYA
Registered Nurse (RN) delivers quality care consistent within the
scope of practice as outlined by the local state nurse practice act
for Registered Nurses. The RN works in accordance with local
practice acts and regulations, delegates and ensures supervision of
nursing activities and functions to other competent nursing
personnel appropriate to their scope of practice. The RN assumes
responsibility and accountability for the quality of care
delivered; works to ensure a safe environment for themselves, the
patient and other staff members. The RN acts as a patient advocate
to promote the quality of health care delivered in the facility and
serves as a leader at all times to promote best practices within
the profession of nursing.
- Must possess a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or
university or have graduated from an approved RN program
- Must possess a current license in this state
- The RN works in accordance with local practice acts and
regulations, delegates and ensures supervision of nursing
activities and functions to other competent nursing personnel
appropriate to their scope of practice REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
- Day Shift
- Night ShiftREGISTERED NURSE (RN) ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The RN maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- The RN administers medications to patients and monitors
patients for reactions and side effects.
- The RN records patients medical information and vital
- The RN monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in
- The RN consults and coordinates with healthcare team members to
assess, plan, implement, or evaluate patient care plans.
- The RN modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by
patients responses and conditions.
- The RN monitors all aspects of patient care, including diet and
- The RN directs or supervises less-skilled nursing or healthcare
personnel or supervise a particular unit.
- The RN prepares patients for and assists with examinations or
- The RN instructs individuals, families, or other groups on
topics such as health education, disease prevention, as well as
developing health improvement programs.
- The RN prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or
supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- The RN orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to
identify and assess patients condition.
- The RN attends training and meetings as required.REGISTERED
NURSE (RN) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of
- Possesses an active CPR certification.
- Remains knowledgeable about specific state laws and regulations
- Satisfactory completion of initial and annual clinical
competencies to demonstrate aptitude as assigned by role.Keywords:
Registered Nurse, Nurse, RN, Corrections, HealthcareEEO#indother#ZR
Full-TimePart-TimePRNDay ShiftNight ShiftPI215656105
Keywords: VitalCore Health Strategies, Texas City , Registered Nurse, RN, Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...