Registered Nurse Peer Review Coordinator
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
Location: Texas City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN
Quality Coordinator you want with your current employer? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Houston Healthcare
Mainland which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Benefits HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Registered Nurse Peer Review Coordinator where
your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued?
If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- Supports the Peer Review processes of the Medical Staff
- Performs retrospective medical chart reviews against
pre-established criteria as determined by each medical department
in addition to other outcome reports
- Performs accurate and complete summary of pre-established
criteria and submits to the Department Chairs for delineation to
medical staff to review
- Provides organization and oversight for the routing process of
medical charts assigned for review
- Interacts with assigned physicians to ensure timely analysis
and return of medical reviews
- Ensures medical peer review process is maintained within
regulatory guidelines and Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of Peer Review
- Provides complete and accurate Peer Review Minutes, reports,
- Assembles peer review packets for presentation to appropriate
Hospital and Medical Staff Departments/Committees, Administration
and Board of Trustees.
- Prepare summarized reports of peer review activities to the
CEC, MEC and BOT on a monthly basis
- Draft notification letters, after reporting to BOT, for the
physicians with cases rated as a 2; submit to Chief Medical Officer
for review and signature. Send to provider through certified
- Coordinate Ad-Hoc Committees as warranted
- Responsible for the provision of historical peer review
findings related to re-credentialing on all physicians
- Updates the Peer Review Trending Long to maintain a rolling
three year timeframe
- Performs Special projects and other duties as assigned. What
you will need for this role:
- 3-5 years previous experience in Acute Care Setting
- 1-3 years prior experience in quality or education and
knowledge of Regulatory Medical Staff Standards preferred
- RN Required, BSN preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland , a campus of HCA Houston
Healthcare Clear Lake, has been serving Texas City, Texas for more
than 60 years-bringing compassionate, "patients first" care into
Galveston County and the surrounding communities. Since being
founded in 1952, HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has grown from a
90-bed hospital to a 220+ bed acute care facility offering quality
care with premium services. That growth is a reflection of the
changing needs of our community and patients, as well as rapidly
advancing medical technology. Our highly skilled staff and
specialized physicians provide service excellence to all of our
patients. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical,
surgical and specialty services. We are a Level IV Trauma Center
and a Primary Stroke Center. Together, we offer a complete range of
specialized health programs to improve the health of our community.
We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive
family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider
of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are
stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the
patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our RN Quality Coordinator opening. We promptly review
all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, Texas City , Registered Nurse Peer Review Coordinator, Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!