Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) PRN- ED
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
Location: Texas City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per DiemWe offer you an
excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary,
excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your
benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program,
employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program.
We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.HCA
Houston Healthcare Mainland - Texas City, TXLicensed Vocational
Nurse (LVN) - Emergency Room (ER)Founded in 1952, -HCA Houston
Healthcare Mainland -has been part of Galveston County for more
than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a
-223 bed -acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care
with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and
outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. - -What you
will do in this role:
- Responsible for knowing and complying with the rules and
regulations relating to the education, licensure and practice of
the licensed vocational nurse as set forth in the Nurse Practice
Act, Texas Occupations Code and/or other statutes and regulations
relating to the practice of licensed vocational nurses.
- Provides care and treatment that reflects appropriate infection
control techniques and universal precautions.
- Accurately documents in the patient's record a description of
the nursing care provided.
- Assists the physician with examinations, tests and procedures.
- Carries out physician orders in a safe and appropriate
- Complies with applicable hospital policy/procedure.
- Provides general nursing care to assigned patients.Demonstrates
ethical and compliant behaviors as outlined in Performance
Management Plan and Code of Conduct. Serves as a role model of
behavior that complies with the hospital's mission and code of
conduct.Actively participates in the hospital's ethic and
- Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy as it relates to
- Demonstrates compliance with Dept. specific competencies
- Notifies appropriate individuals of changes in condition and
utilizes the established chain of command when necessary.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities to
improve safety and patient outcomes.
- Participates in the assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of care for assigned patients, including patient/family
education and discharge planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Supports the vision, mission and values of the
hospital.Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- Current Licensure as an Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State
of Texas, required
- Graduate of an accredited LVN program, required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- CPI certification Required, must obtain within 6 months of
- Six months of experience preferredHCA Healthcare ranks on
Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive
years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd
love to hear from you.If you find this opportunity compelling, we
encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hear from the Talent Acquisition
team.We are actively interviewing so apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.Notice Our Company's recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking -.For questions about your job application
or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, Texas City , Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) PRN- ED, Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!