Immunization Program Nurse
Company: Galveston County Health District
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Hourly Rate: $22.80Make A difference in
your community and join GCHD's Immunizations Team!Galveston County
Health District is seeking an Immunization Program Nurse! This
position is responsible for providing customer friendly
immunization services. We can offer you:
- Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package,
Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life
Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much
- Team Oriented Environment
- Hourly Rate: $22.80
- This position is temporary/full-time We want you to join our
team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you
meet the criteria listed below, please apply. Required:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Currently licensed as an RN or LVN with the Texas Board of
- 1 year+ of experience as an RN or LVN (working with children
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Texas Department
of State Health Services (DSHS), Texas Medical Practice Act, and
Nurse Practice Act immunization policies and procedures
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful
- CPR/Heartsaver Certification (Must successfully complete CPR
certification within 6 months of employment)
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying
on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or can readily obtain a valid driver's license
issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if
- Must maintain compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must maintain compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which
appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the above described essential functions will be considered
when hiring for this role. Traditional Duties
- Screens immunizations records to obtain immunization
- Administers appropriate medications/tests as indicated by
standing orders and patient eligibility.
- Refers clients to other health care sources as need is
- Maintains daily documentation of immunizations given according
to local, state, and organization policies.
- Provides assistance in control and follow-up of communicable
diseases including, but not limited to tuberculosis.
- Completes assigned immunization audits and assists with
educational visits at daycares, schools, and provider offices.
- Assists with case management of HBsAg-positive mothers and
their infants according to the Perinatal Hepatitis B Prevention
- Works with all staff to maintain optimal patient flow and
maintain a clean, safe, and orderly clinic.
- Tracks inventory and maintains adequate supplies of private
vaccines, state supplied vaccines, and clinic supplies.
- Keeps copies of patient education materials available for
patients and families.
- Ensures patient information is protected in accordance with
- Complies with all applicable procedures, ordinances, laws, and
acts pertaining to the proper disposal of medical and
- Verifies accuracy of the Immunization Clerk cash deposits and
- Assists the Immunization Clerk with determining eligibility,
collecting fees, client check-in, and data entry as needed.
- Provides immunization orientation and education to new staff,
students, and volunteers as appropriate.
- Understands and follows GCHD Infection Control policies, plans,
procedures, and guidelines related to program area
- Monitor and record temperatures for refrigerator and freezer on
the temperature logs twice daily in accordance with TVFC policies
- Addresses temperature excursions/alarms and takes appropriate
action to maintain the viability of vaccines.
- Expediently takes receipt of and stores vaccines in accordance
with ACIP and CDC storage and handling guidelines.
- Maintains a clean, aseptic workspace for preparing and
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.No Phone Calls
PleaseADA/EEO/DFWPOur Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal
Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Keywords: Galveston County Health District, Texas City , Immunization Program Nurse, Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!