Registered Nurse (FT)
Company: Gulf Coast Center
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Job DescriptionRegistered Nurse - Mental Health (FT)Must apply
Do you have a passion for helping others and seeking a career where
you can make a difference? Then join our team where we have proven
to be a strong, self-sufficient, and timeless cornerstone of our
community committed to connecting and serving people where they
GULF COAST CENTER - JOB DESCRIPTION:Job Title: Registered Nurse
(RN) - Urban Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT)Location:
Texas City, TXFLSA Status: ExemptWorking Status: Full Time with
Summary:Performs responsible healthcare administrative work within
a self-contained program with staff members dedicated to the
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team; a comprehensive program
providing treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to
identified individuals with severe & persistent mental illnesses.
Duties include coordination of medication clinics, provision of
medication-related services, skills training, & rehabilitative
services to ACT-authorized individuals. Will provide care
coordination to individuals assigned based on eligibility as
determined by the Health Quality Indicator (HQI).
Gulf Coast Center operates under a trauma-informed approach based
on the six key principles of Safety, Trustworthiness &
Transparency, Peer Support, Collaboration & Mutuality, Empowerment
& Choice, and Cultural, Historical & Gender issues.
Job Duties: (To be performed with or without accommodation as based
on ADA requirements)The Registered Nurse (RN) - Urban Assertive
Community Treatment Team (ACT) will be responsible for the
following:Essential Job Duties:
- Participates in the implementation of the service plan.
- Assists all patients through the healthcare system by acting as
an advocate & navigator.
- Promotes clear communication amongst care team & treating
clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Participate in team discussion and monitoring of medical needs
for individuals with behavioral health needs.
- Completes referrals as needed.
- Documents all activities and communications according to the
Center's clinical documentation guidelines.
- Works jointly with program staff, including contracted &
co-located physical healthcare providers. (Community Health
Network) to identify and serve individuals with co-occurring
physical health needs.
- Utilizes identified evidenced-based practices to conduct
comprehensive, preventative screenings for patients (phq9, C-SSRS,
biometric screening, OUD, UDS, and other screening as identified) &
records results in patient's EHR.
- When called upon, responsible for assisting medication support
staff with the tracking of manufactured medications as well as
- Monitors patient progress in relation to the Person-Centered
- Maintains contact with patients and significant others.
- Communicates patient's progress and/or changing needs with the
- Responsible for providing input on the Person-Centered Recovery
Plan (PCRP) as well as co-signing the plan as a member of the
- Documents progress according to the Center's clinical
documentation guidelines & EHR procedures.
- Responsible for the monitoring scheduling of lab studies and
- Participates in the coordination of the medication clinic.
- Where qualified & within the scope of practice, provides crisis
intervention services & assists patients, families, and staff in
- When called upon, responsible for monitoring and assisting
medication support staff with the tracking of manufactured
medications as well as shelf samples.
- Assist in the delivery of comprehensive health/medical services
to Center-established aspects of nursing care patients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of nursing care.
- Facilitates patient medication management & education based on
TRR evidence-based protocols to include education & guidance about
medications & possible side effects through the use of HHSC
approved materials (MHSA) as well as medication-related services as
a part of psychosocial rehab services to appropriately authorized
individuals as outlined in TAC Title 25 Chapter 416 Rule
- Responsible for the accurate and safe administration of
- In support of prescribing provider, conducts medication
reconciliation by reviewing & comparing the patient's complete
medication regimen at the time of follow-up visit post inpatient
admission with the current outpatient medication regimen to avoid
inconsistency across transition in care.
- Participates in the coordination of the medication clinic.
- Utilizes clinically sound judgment in developing relationships
with patients & service providers.
- Decision-making reflects knowledge of current trends in mental
- Coordinates patient care by serving as a liaison between
patient, prescriber, and other identified health care workers.
- Follows & utilizes as a resource guide, the GCC Center
Medication Policies & Procedures.
- Stays current on treatment modalities through continuing
education and staff development.
- Documents services are provided according to current records,
policies & procedures.
- Documentation/billing is entered accurately within 2 business
days of service delivery.
- Participates in quality assurance initiatives internally within
- Establishes baseline data and assists with the tracking of
vital health indicators as part of BHCQMs and 1115 Waiver
identified outcome measures.
- Participates in Random Moment in Time Study as applicable.
- Maintains current licensure with the Texas Board of Nurse
- Pursuant to the Nurse Practice Act, supervision of Vocational
Nurse states that the practice of vocational nursing must be
performed under the supervision of a registered nurse, physician,
physician assistant, podiatrist, or dentist supervision of
Vocational Nurse. All LVNs will receive periodic supervision as
outlined in the Center's Delegation of Certain Medical and Nursing
Acts policies & procedures. RNs may be asked to provide
supervision/oversight of identified LVN(s).
- All licensed nurses are required to review &familiarize
themselves with the Center's Medication Policies & Procedures,
including the Delegation of Certain Medical and Nursing Acts.
- Function as an effective team member by arriving and departing
the work site on time.
- Schedule personal days in advance whenever possible and
coordinate coverage with other team members to assure coverage
- Regularly participates in quarterly Behavioral Health Provider
& Nursing Services meetings.
- Attend daily team meetings & program staff meetings (MH
- Attend program staff meetings as scheduled as well as quarterly
behavioral health provider /nursing services meetings as
- Collaborates with internal program staff (i.e.: case managers,
substance use providers, IDD crisis team, etc.) and external
community partners (i.e.: primary care physicians, lab, etc.) to
coordinate care for individuals and their families.
- Consistent review of data within Smartcare, CMBHS, and MBOW to
monitor health quality indicators ensuring collaboration with
interdisciplinary team closing the gap on identified referral needs
(i.e. unable to access medication through an insurance plan,
missing records, identification of an in-network specialist,
- Completes logistical activities for individuals enrolled in
care coordination including tracking of referrals and transitions,
addressing barriers to referrals, following up on missed
appointments, engaging MCO Service Coordinators as needed, and
building relationships with a broad range of specialists and
- Will be responsible and accountable for the adherence to and
promotion of the agency compliance policy and will require
communication with various departments to foster, develop and
continue our community partnerships as it relates to the
- Treat all individuals with the utmost courtesy, decency, and
- Provide responsive, and efficient services.
- Interact with staff, consumers, local entities, and advocacy
groups to provide a service that meets local needs.
- Provide the highest level of Customer Service for both internal
and external customers.
- Required to report personnel leave; flex time and emergency
leave to assigned supervisor.
- Strict adherence to the professional, ethical, and legal
requirements set forth in GCC's Business Code of Conduct as well as
the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Consistent adherence to the Center's Dress Code.
- Consistent adherence to Center safety guidelines and
- May be required to travel within Brazoria and Galveston
- Out-of-region travel may be required to attend training.
- Must maintain a clean driving record and driver's license in
accordance with our Driver Policy.
- Requires current Texas Driver's License, reliable
transportation and must maintain current auto liability
insurance.Non-Essential Job Duties:
- Receives direct supervision from Program Manager-ACT as well as
the Chief Nursing Officer.Required Education:
- Requires graduation from an accredited, Texas Board of Nursing
approved RN education program.
- Requires graduation from an accredited high school or
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Texas.Preferred
- N/ARequired Licensure/Certifications:
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Texas.Required Experience:
- Experience in general nursing care of patients; preferably,
extensive experience working with individuals with behavioral
- 2-5 years of full-time paid experience in a clinical
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.Preferred
- Proficiency in general aspects of nursing/healthcare.
- A mature problem-solving approach to daily work.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to establish
cooperative relationships with individuals and their families.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Must be able to work with little or no direct supervision.
- Must have excellent organizational skills to meet strict
- Ability to express self clearly and effectively, orally and in
- Requires ability to work within a team approach.
- Requires proficiency with computer skills, programs, and
- Work will be performed in the Office, Field, and/or Remotely
- May require varied work hours depending on the needs of
- Out-of-region travel may be required to attend training.
- May require travel to various locations within Brazoria and
Galveston Counties. Requires current Texas Driver's License,
reliable transportation safe and current with all state
requirements, and liability insurance.
- Office & fieldwork, to include community setting; patient home
- May be asked to participate in after-hours on-call
- Standard office/clinic environment.
- Work hours are generally 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through
Friday, but may require irregular work hours.
- At time of reduced staffing, and under the direction of the
CNO, may be assigned to any of the four GCC behavioral health
outpatient adult clinics to assist with coverage needs.Special
- Assist supervisor when requested to complete special projects
and complete all assignments within a time frame negotiated with
- Completion of other duties as assigned by supervisor as it
relates to the program and position.Job-Related Physical/Mental
Requirements & Environmental Conditions:Physical:
- Ability to transport, adjust and/or move items up to 55
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of
- Ability to handle objects.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to move around within an office setting and/or other
locations as needed; may include the ability to bend/twist,
kneel/stoop and/or reach for items.
- Ability to push/pull, crawl/squat as it relates to PMAB
requirements; may be required to perform PMAB restraints as it
relates to program requirements.
- Ability to detect and write effectively.
- Ability to hear (with or without aid).
- Ability to have visual acuity to operate a motor vehicle and
observe objects within the work setting.Mental:
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to understand, communicate and comprehend accurate
information with others in English.
- Ability to reason and analyze effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems as it relates to the
- Required to pass and maintain all Center mandated training.Work
- Ability to work alone.
- Ability to work closely with others.
- Ability to work closely with clients and/or family members with
poor hygiene. Ability to work long and/or irregular hours.
- May be subjected to a hostile environment.
- May be subjected to a high crime environment.
- Potential exposure to tobacco products.
- May be subjected to both inside and outside environmental
- Subject to standard noise levels within the working
- Travel by motor vehicle, van, bus, or plane may be
required.Qualified individuals must be able to perform these
functions with or without reasonable accommodations based on ADA
Must apply directly
Keywords: Gulf Coast Center, Texas City , Registered Nurse (FT), Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!