Patient Safety Manager (RN)
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
Location: Texas City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services as a Patient Safety Manager
(RN)We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity.HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland - Texas City,
TXPatient Safety Manager (RN) - Risk ManagementHCA Houston
Healthcare Mainland has been an integral part of Galveston County
for more than 60 years. We offer 223 beds and services in emergency
medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, physical therapy,
radiology, total joint replacements, hyperbaric medicine
diagnostic/imaging services and wound care facilities.HCA Houston
Healthcare Mainland is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part
of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a
comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers,
emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater
Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17
hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency
centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this
role:This position supports patient safety program which includes,
but is not limited to the following components: Assists Patient
Safety Director in planning, implementing and supervising the
performance improvement of quality/patient safety initiatives as
delegated. Provide support and teamwork with the Director of
Patient Safety to mitigate and analyze safety events; implement and
provide supervision of performance improvement action plans,
facilitate legal processes, and other quality/patient safety
initiatives as delegated. Actively participates in the development
of a comprehensive patient safety improvement program inclusive of
the analysis and trending of data.Support of the program would
include the following activities:
- Manages patient safety concern hotline.
- Daily patient safety rounds that identify patient safety
- Support and encourage variance reporting throughout the
organization through a non-punitive just event reporting
- Reviews and manage facility variance/occurrence reports to
identify clinical risk issues.
- Conducts surveillance, chart reviews and education activities
for patient safety and performance improvement.
- Participates in the investigation and coordination of analysis
of safety events.
- Collects accurate data pertaining to patient safety indicator
and hospital acquired condition measures.
- Coordinates root cause analysis of patient safety events and
assures implementation of resulting action plans.
- Conducts the investigation, summary reporting, data analysis,
response planning, implementation and follow-up of all events of
harm root cause analyses within a hospital.
- Facilitates the investigation and resolution of patient
complaints and grievances.
- Tracks and reports to the FDA, including RASMAS and other
entities, any medical device related events according to the
requirements of the Safe Medical Device Act.
- Coordinates information gathering and interviews related to
claims and suits and interact with legal counsel as needed.
- Promote a culture that is positive, that values individual
strengths, and is committed to optimal patient care in compliance
with regulatory standards.QualificationsWhat qualification you will
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Healthcare or related field
and/or equivalent combination of education, training and
- Must hold an Associate Degree of Nursing or
- Registered Nurse (RN) with current Texas nursing license.
- Preferred, 5 years of progressive nursing experience in an
acute care setting. Must have 2 years of progressive nursing
experience in an acute care healthcare setting.
- Preferred, previous program development, computer skills and
hands-on experience communicating with patients to resolving
patient related issues or concerns.
- Preferred, Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS):
- Must achieve a Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
within 12 months from date of hire.
- Preferred, management experience.
- Other licenses/certifications as required by clinical area and
State.HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired
Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the
fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition
of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.If you find
this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear
from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.NoticeOur Company's
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, Texas City , Patient Safety Manager (RN), Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!