Charge Nurse (RN) Medical/Surgical
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
Location: Texas City
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just anotheremployee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusionthrive? Submit your application today and find out what it
truly means to be apart of a team. We value your contributions. Our
employee recognitionprograms encourage our teams to raise the bar.
We are currently seeking a Charge Registered Nurse(RN) to join our
family. Come be apart of the change! We offer you anexcellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary,
excellentbenefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in
our team and yourability to do excellent work with us. Your
benefits include 401k, PTO medical,dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employeediscount program, and
employee stock purchase program.We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
Mainland Medical Center, Texas City, TX Charge Nurse (RN)
Medical/Surgical-Nights Founded in 1952, Mainland Medical Center
has been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years.
Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care
facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art
services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical,
surgical and specialty services. Mainland Medical Center is part of
the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals,
outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and
diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of
specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of
Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our
growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our
community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology.
Our services include:
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Sleep Disorders
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Level II Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit
- Occupational Health and Wellness
- Senior Mental Health
- Women's ServicesMainland Medical Center is currently looking
for a Charge Nurse (RN) Medical/Surgical. Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for directing and facilitating the
flow of patient care activities of a unit on an assigned
- Supports and assists with the development and actualization of
the unit(s)' goals (strategic plan).
- Coordinates and directs the unit(s)' patient care operations
for an assigned shift.
- Manages personnel effectively, and analyzes workload and skill
requirements to meet patients' needs for an assigned shift.
- Practices and promotes cost containment for unit(s) and
- Practices and promotes patient/family advocacy and assists with
the maintenance of ethical practice.
- Practices and promotes positive peer and guest relations.
- Participates in and promotes quality improvement at the unit
- Demonstrates a high level of productivity and
- Assists with staff education and unit projects as
- Ensures that the department personnel follows Hospital and
Corporate policies and procedures, safety and infection control
- Assures that the department follows guidelines for varies
accrediting agencies such as state and federal regulatory agencies
and TJC requirements by attending all required in-services
pertaining to such guidelines.
- Adheres to and complies with the HCA Code of Conduct as part of
our Ethics and Compliance program. Attends annual training
sessions. Qualifications Qualifications:
- At least one year experience as a Staff RN on a Med/Surg unit
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed as an RN in the State of Texas.
- Current BLS and ACLS required.
- American Red Cross or America Heart Association Basic
LifeSupport Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association AdvancedLife
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification HCA Healthcareranks
on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive
yearsand HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition
Ethisphere named HCA asone of the World s Most Ethical Companies.
We want you to join our tradition ofexcellence. Intrigued? We d
love to hear from you. If you find this opportunity compelling, we
encourage you to apply. Wepromptly review all applications. If you
are highly qualified you will hearfrom one of our recruiters . We
are activelyinterviewing so apply today! We are an equalopportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, hospice,
recovery, registered nurse, surgery, surgical, transitional
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, Texas City , Charge Nurse (RN) Medical/Surgical, Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!