Clinical Pharmacist, ED, Evenings
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Location: Texas City
Posted on: March 29, 2020
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
patient care.Every employee, at every level, begins their journey
at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization
and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our
employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPGY 1 or PGY 2 is essential for this role. Position
develops, implements, and monitors clinical pharmacy programs to
improve patient care with an additional focus on decreasing cost;
provides clinical services to patients and professional staff;
interacts with medical staff on drug utilization and cost
containment. May be asked to assist in supervising the activities
of all department employees in consultation with the department
Director and/or Pharmacy Manager. Job Description Job
DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation: Pharm D. degree or
clinically oriented Masters of Science degree and licensure in the
state of Texas or Bachelors of Science degree with equivalent
experience; Completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice
residency or fellowship or demonstration of equivalent experience
preferred Licenses/Certifications: Pharmacy Sterile Product
certification through an in-house program or other accredited
program if appropriateExperience/Knowledge/Skills:
- Ability to promote teamwork, build effective relationships, and
to lead/facilitate work groups
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and
- Familiarity with health care reimbursement environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Develops and maintains a communication system which assures
effective flow of information to and from staff.
- Serves as a role model for competent professional practice by
educating, mentoring, and supporting pharmacy students, staff,
residents, and peers.
- Seeks and recommends potential opportunities for cost
- Seeks new ways of improving clinical pharmacy services. Works
with others to continually identify areas for improvement.
- Effectively plans and manages resources for continuity of care
between the patient care area, Pharmacy and other settings.
- Participates in orientation and continuing education programs.
Serves as a resource to pharmacy staff, physicians, and
- Assists with clinical research designed to evaluate clinical
and economic outcomes of drugs and drug regimens.
- Works to develop, coordinate, and evaluate target drug
programs, restricted drug programs, medication use-based
performance assessment and improvement indicators, drug usage
evaluation programs and cost containment programs.
- Develops and implements utilization reviews targeted for
expensive, potentially harmful or improperly used drugs.
- Provides direction and guidance for development and review of
clinical pharmacy educational services. Assists with implementation
of educational programs for physicians and nursing staff.
- Oversees the clinical students/residency program.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills
competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Texas City , Clinical Pharmacist, ED, Evenings, Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!