RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit Job
Location: Texas City
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee?
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and
inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what
it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs
encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a
Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland - Texas City, TX
Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has been an integral part of
Galveston County for more than 60 years. We offer 223 beds and
services in emergency medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery,
physical therapy, radiology, total joint replacements, hyperbaric
medicine diagnostic/imaging services and wound care facilities.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Competently and accurately completes age appropriate
comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessment of patients;
takes nursing history assessment. Utilizes as basis to identify
nursing diagnosis/patient care needs.
- Competently plans and prioritizes age and specialty appropriate
care of each patient assigned.
- - Includes patient/family education in daily plan.
- - Communicates relevant information to appropriate healthcare
- - Ensures planned interventions are consistent with the overall
plan(s) of care.
- - Adheres to identified discharge plan.
- - Is familiar with the standards of care applicable to assigned
- Safely and properly delivers age and specialty appropriate
nursing care to assigned patients.
- - Executes physician orders for all assigned patients;
administers medications and treatments, and
- delivers appropriate competent nursing care in accordance with
Mainland Medical Center's policies,
- procedures and standards.
- - Encourages patient/family participation in care and provides
emotional support and comfort measures to
- - Interprets diagnostic data.
- - Demonstrates knowledge of legal consequences of nursing
activities. Respects and supports patient
- rights while practicing principles of patient and employee
confidentiality. Recognizes ethical dilemmas,
- utilizes available resources, and seeks assistance in dealing
with them. Ensures ethical practice of
- - Competently performs routine technical
- - Provides patient/family instruction and healthcare
- - Practices and promotes proper aseptic technique, infection
control measures, and body mechanics.
- Evaluates the patient/family response to, and outcome(s) of,
implemented care and modifies the plan of care accordingly.
- Competently and consistently completes accurate, concise, and
legible documentation on all patient, unit, and Hospital
- Supports/participates in unit-based continuous quality
improvement activities including evaluative mechanisms. Utilizes
research-based nursing interventions. Will participate in peer
- Functions as an interdependent and supportive team member.
Assumes the responsibility of charging unit, as
appropriate.Qualifications What qualifications you will need:
- One (1) year prior clinical experience.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse
- Current CPR certification.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortunes list of Most Admired Companies for
three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list.
In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the Worlds Most Ethical
Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
Intrigued? Wed love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified
you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively
interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking .For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA., Texas City , RN / Registered Nurse / Texas / Permanent / Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit Job, Healthcare , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!