Company: CROHNS AND COLITIS FOUNDATION INC
Location: Texas City
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Central Texas - , TX
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a non-profit, volunteer-fueled
organization whose mission is to cure Crohn's disease and
ulcerative colitis and improve the quality of life for the children
and adults affected by these diseases. Our work is dramatically
accelerating the research process through our varied research
initiatives; we also provide extensive educational and support
resources for patients and their families, medical professionals,
and the public. In addition, we lead federal and state-based
advocacy campaigns to support medical research funding and improve
patient access to care. The Foundation's core values of compassion,
integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and
drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Executive Director provides professional leadership and staff
management to the chapter. Professional leadership includes
developing and partnering with leadership volunteers to harness
their passion and skills and to help maximize what they have to
offer to advance the mission of the Foundation. The ED is
responsible for individual and foundation gifts as well as event
fundraising and other revenue and will cultivate partnerships and
alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community.
The Executive Director travels throughout the market area to meet
with constituents and serve as a key leader for the Foundation with
volunteers and supporters.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Board/Volunteer Development and Engagement
- Build a compelling vision for the chapter and collaborate with
volunteer leaders and staff to achieve it.
- Work with leadership volunteers to identify, recruit and engage
volunteers who have potential to make an impact.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and
supporters (and help foster a culture of accountability).
- Advise and support chapter volunteer committees to drive
success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Serve as a key leader in your market area building
relationships, raising awareness, and sharing mission impact with
- Collaboration, cultivation, identification, and recruitment of
revenue partners in order to maximize impact on special events and
other fundraising campaigns. Develop and execute effective
strategies for growth.
- Execute fundraising techniques to meet revenue targets through
special events, individual and foundation gifts and other chapter
- Responsible for identifying local major gift prospects and
stewarding donors and prospects to drive growth, and for
collaborating with national major gift team.
- In cooperation with the Take Steps staff, help to identify
volunteer walk leadership and corporate sponsorship. Develop and
support successful strategies for growth.
- Implement the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and
recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation
participation and donations.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for
fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion for fundraising events,
programs and activities.
- Partner with media outlets and cultivate relationships to
maximize awareness of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation brand.
- Participate in enterprise wide activities such as GI visits,
donor events, major education events, Team Challenge information
meetings (??), Take Steps Walk and any other chapter wide
- Offer advice and assistance to chapter staff and encourage
camaraderie in the work environment. I'd rather say something like
"create a thriving work environment for staff and volunteer
leaders...or something like that.
- Provide leadership to chapter staff by facilitating
communication across functional areas.
- Maintain communication with regional and national
- Participate actively in regional leadership team and contribute
to the overall success of the West region
- Direct administration of chapter financials, budget and
- Drive a financial ratio margins to meet overall chapter
- Other duties as required.
- Advanced Stakeholder Engagement
- Advanced Volunteer Engagement
- Analytical Thinking
- Applied Learning
- Customer Service
- Drive Results
- Guide and Develop Staff
- Manage Follow-up
- Process Management
- Process Tasks
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Focus
- Team Leadership
- Time Management
- BA/BS Degree required.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising and/or
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience
that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor
cultivation, public relations, and stewardship.
- Previous experience in the identifying, recruiting, and
partnering with volunteers to achieve results.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic thinking, committee
leadership, account management and volunteer development.
- Experience with influence management and persuasive authority
- Experience in varied forms of communications including - mass
media, advertising and community relations, as they relate to the
health care service industry
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation provides competitive
paid-time-off; medical, dental, and vision plans; retirement
contributions; life insurance and AD&D; flexible spending
accounts; a wellness program; employee education program; and
automatic enrollment into New York State short-term disability as
part of the total compensation package for full-time employees.
Note: Subject to state and local law and any legally required
accommodations, the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation requires that all
employees be fully vaccinated prior to the date of hire.
CROHN'S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE,
CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.
Keywords: CROHNS AND COLITIS FOUNDATION INC, Texas City , Executive Director, Executive , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!