Location: Texas City
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Manager, Software EngineeringWho We Are For over 25 years,
Explore Information Services, a Solera company, has been a leading
provider of risk management information to insurance companies,
government agencies and commercial fleets. Our leading-edge digital
solutions provide a unique window into the human aspects of risk
mitigation. Whether we are monitoring driver behavior, identifying
location-based risk, or improving fleet asset performance, Explore
is focused on disrupting our industry with innovative, data-driven
solutions. More than two-thirds of the top 100 insurers rely on
Explore products to identify risk, reduce expenses, and achieve a
competitive advantage. Our dedicated team members drive performance
and innovation that raises the bar for best-in-class technology.
Founded and continuously led by inventor and entrepreneur Tony
Aquila, Solera is a global leader in digital technologies that
connect and secure life's most important assets: our cars, homes
and identities. Since its inception in 2005 as a garage-based
startup, Solera has grown aggressively with over 50 acquisitions
across its platforms. The company's current product solutions
include Audatex, Autodata, AutoPoint, CAP/HPI, Colimbra,
Digidentity, Enservio, Explore, Hollander, Identifix, Inpart, LYNX
and TitleTec, as well as the company's flagship Digital Garage
application. Today, Solera processes over 300 million transactions
annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in over
80 countries. Unified by a strong culture that values uncommon
entrepreneurial thinking and continuous "do-it-different"
innovation, Solera's global workforce of 6,700+ associates come
from diverse forward-thinking industries that include automotive
technology, artificial intelligence, software development, data
sciences, cybersecurity, cognitive design, and digital identity
protection. For more information, please visit solera.com. The
Solera Way Solera's uncommon culture is based on three simple
principles: Think 80/20 (Focus), Act 30/30 (Efficiency), and Live
90/10 (Accountability). We define our mindset using Our 3H's:
Humility, a Hunger to succeed, and a desire to Hunt for
opportunities to win. Teams engage with each other modulating
between their intellect (IQ) and emotional intelligence (EQ) using
our 3Fs: Facts, Finesse, and Force. Solera has become a global
technology leader that is constantly growing in the double digits.
The principles, drills, and values associated with the Solera Way
have been fundamental to Solera's success and our ability to grow,
continuously change, and innovate. Are You Uncommon? Explore is on
the hunt for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead
and manage our talented team of software engineers. Someone who is
highly motivated that is wired with a team-first attitude, has no
problem rolling up their sleeves to execute their missions, and can
modulate between leading and following as needed. You will serve as
the Software Development Manager and be a key member of our IT
leadership team. What You'll Be Doing We believe in providing
clarity and focus to what our employees are responsible for - their
mission. The missions for this role are:
- Hire the right development talent for our team and work with
our Application Principals (Technical Product Owners) to evaluate
the performance of individual team members. Facilitate the
appropriate coaching and mentoring to optimize each team member's
- Continuously drive technical and process improvements.
Collaborate with our Application Principals and Systems Architect
to ensure optimal leverage of existing software and effective
integration with common systems. Work with these leaders to
recommend policies, processes and procedures to constantly improve
operation of the software development team.
- Create and modify software programs throughout various phases
of the development lifecycle including design,
coding/configuration, test, installation and maintenance. (IE: You
will maintain some level of hands-on development responsibility, in
addition to your team leadership.) ensure the ongoing relevancy of
modernity of our development practices. Distribute applicable
knowledge to the development team. Additional responsibilities of
the role include:
- Active research and learning about new technologies to Maintain
and champion a team culture, help employees thrive in an inclusive
and collaborative environment.
- Attend code walkthroughs and provide constructive feedback to
foster ongoing growth.
- Participate in employee reviews and contribute input for the
- Implement KPIs to measure success across the development
- Participate in strategy and long range planning processes
within areas of responsibility in support of business and IT
- Identify training needs, gather relevant information for
approvals and make necessary arrangements for attending
- Identify hiring needs and execute the recruitment process to
interview and onboard new members.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a variety of
different audiences. Are You Qualified?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of
education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Minimum 8+ years of software development experience with at
least 3+ years of team leadership responsibilities.
- Proven ability to coach and lead developers to optimize
performance and maintain positive morale.
- Experience in improving operating performance of existing
systems and development practices.
- In-depth understanding of technology and IT tools and methods
applicable to the applications development area.
- Experience in the application security and OWASP
- Solid understanding of different formal methodologies processes
- Demonstrated ability to understand business processes and to
design solutions that most efficiently address business needs.
- Strong business and technical vision Our Primary Technologies:
- Microsoft .NET using C# and Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Web Technologies (including Web Forms, Web API, MVC,
- Unit testing technologies such as NUnit and Mocking Other
technologies where experience or familiarity is helpful
- Web Service Technologies (SOAP, REST)
- Advanced parsing of various data exchange formats (XML, JSON,
fixed width, delimited, etc.)
- SQL Skills including T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Database Design
and Query Optimization/Performance
- Message Queuing It is impossible to list every requirement for,
or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify
all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities
and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above
job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company
reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the
above description. The Company also retains the right to require
all employees to undertake additional or different job
responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERSOLERA HOLDINGS, INC., AND ITS US SUBSIDIARIES
(TOGETHER, SOLERA) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THE
FIRM'S POLICY IS NOT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT OR
EMPLOYEE BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER,
AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL
STATUS, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY, AND GENETIC INFORMATION, OR
ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE FIRM ALSO
PROHIBITS HARASSMENT OF APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES BASED ON ANY OF
THESE PROTECTED CATEGORIES.
Keywords: Solera, Texas City , Engineering Manager, Executive , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!