Senior Director, Information Security Services - Service Tower
Company: The Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NT
Location: Texas City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
At NTT we believe that by using innovative technology we can
solve global challenges and create a world that is sustainable and
secure. We are looking for curious people, from diverse
backgrounds, that are keen to work in a fast-paced and agile
At NTT we trust our employees to do the right thing, even when no
one is watching, which is why we offer flexibility in the
workplace. The majority of our roles are hybrid, meaning we
encourage a balance of working from home and our local office. Ask
our recruitment team if this is a hybrid role.
Want to be a part of our team?
Sr. Director of Information Security, Service Towers - supports the
business, protects NTT Ltd and brand, warranting compliance to our
policies, regulatory and contractual obligations. They will ensure
strategic and operational alignment with the global objectives of
the Office of the CISO and NTT Holdings.
In alignment with the Services Chief Information Security Officer
within NTT Ltd, the Sr. Director of Information Security, Service
Towers , will support the orchestration of all security activities
within the NTT Ltd Services divisions; in particular, GDC/MNCS as
well as Information Security Operations. The Sr. Director of
Information Security - Services will also interact with outside
organizations such as clients, business partners, standards-setting
bodies, and industry associations for security-related matters.
They are accountable for the groups Information Security Management
System (ISMS) Services alignment and implementation, ensuring that
information security is effectively managed in all services and
business functions. In addition to Services governance and
oversight, the Sr. Director of Information Security - Services will
contribute to the groups global ISMS content development,
maintenance, and maturity.
Sr. Director of Information Security, Service Towers is charged
with setting a cooperative tone for, establishing a proactive and
responsive organizational culture for, and defining the strategic
direction of security-related units throughout the GDC/MNCS
Working at NTT
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Director of Information Security, Service Towers
primary role is to understand the Groups services technology and
service delivery model in line with its business requirements and
go to market strategy. In conjunction with GDC/MNCS business
stakeholders, they are responsible for development and execution of
the strategic business plan for the secure delivery of products and
- They will deliver an integrated security strategy, manifested
in a periodically updated one year and five-year security
- Support and guide the Services divisions on appropriate
security Certifications for sales enablement and achieve
certifications as directed by the business through an approved &
budgeted work plan.
- Appropriately maintain compliance and audit obligations to
existing standards and certification obligations (e.g.,
Contractual, regulatory & or legal).
- Orchestrates and harmonizes security-related business process
standardization, normalization, documentation, and continuous
improvement across all GDC/MNCS business units.
- Uses an integrated risk management approach to create
executive-level perspectives on, and status reports about, all the
security risks that Services manages.
- Collaborates with other members of the Services management team
to establish appropriate priorities for security-related objectives
such as resiliency, continuity, recoverability, and defensibility
- The Sr. Director of Information Security - Services is a
technology specialist and will provide mentorship, thought
leadership and technical guidance to GDC/MNCS stakeholders.
- Communicate technical problems, and solutions, to a diverse
audience composed of highly skilled technical and non-technical
persons including clients, internal and third-party auditors,
employees, and company executives.
- The Sr. Director of Information Security - Services is
responsible for safeguarding against current and future security
risks within NTT Ltd GDC/MNCS business units. This global leader
will collaborate with the organisation's key stakeholders and the
broader NTT Ltd Information Security community to establish the
vision, tenets, and comprehensive security strategy to mitigate
risks and ensure the protection of business units that comprise
- They will leverage their technical expertise and strong
business acumen to define objectives, priorities, and establish
appropriate milestones and actions to ensure the reduction of risk
through the implementation of security controls and recommended
mitigation strategies are delivered on, as committed to key senior
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive leader who
can serve as an effective member of the senior management team and
who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad
range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Should have experience with business continuity planning,
auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor
- Highly developed technical capability across a broad range of
- Ability to map business needs to technology solutions.
- Must have a solid understanding of information technology and
- Good knowledge of security risks and preventative
- Good understanding of security operational processes and
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong
- This position must be ardently attuned to security news,
trends, risks, and events and be able to understand vulnerabilities
and exploit code sufficiently to understand security implications
and assess their impacts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of security threats,
countermeasures, security tools, and network technologies.
- Motivation and drive to succeed.
- Strong industry and market awareness.
- A strong client service orientation.
- Ability to negotiate / influence.
- Good project, analysis, problem-solving, and business
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent together with specialised
training in new technologies and legacy systems.
- Demonstration of NTT Ltd.'s core values of Pro-activity,
Teamwork, Professional Excellence, Partnership, Personal Commitment
and Multi-Cultural Strength.
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Degree / Certifications - Information Technology
Security Certifications - CISSP or equivalent (Highly
- At least 8 - 10 years' experience in Technology Information
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us.
Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global
culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an
environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not
discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected
Keywords: The Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (NT, Texas City , Senior Director, Information Security Services - Service Tower, Executive , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!