Enterprise Account Manager - South Central Top Accounts
Company: Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Location: Texas City
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Enterprise Account Manager - South Central Top Accounts
Job Family Definition:
Manages one or several larger accounts or acts as the account lead
for a substantial part of a top account. Understands the customer's
IT and business objectives, priorities, requirements and
challenges, and adds value by implementing HPE's strategy. Drives
business performance for all HPE BUs and manages the portfolio mix
to optimize profitability of the account. Accountable for pipeline
building; accountable for and supportive in deal closing and
orchestrating the deal team. Builds and develops relevant customer
relationship networks with key influencers and decision makers in
IT and business. Develops and engages with the extended partner
ecosystem to maximize HPE's presence in the account. Constantly
develops information technology industry knowledge to position
HPE's portfolio in the account. Orchestrates, engages, guides and
provides feedback to the extended account team members. Acts as
customer's advocate inside HPE. Plans for accounts to deliver
results through the financial year and beyond.
Management Level Definition:
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter
knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques.
Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the
company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative
solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects
that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May
participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides
mentoring and guidance to lower-level employees. Routinely
exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques
and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets
functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager
within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a
primary job function.
- Articulates a two-way connection between the customer's core
KPIs, business priorities and initiatives, and the plan to support
the customer with IT solutions. Influences the decision-making of
customer executives including the C-level through credibly
describing the value of HPE's solutions and their relevance to the
customer's priorities. Positions HPE strategy and solutions in such
a way that the customer sees that HPE is critically important to
their business in the short, medium, and long term. When
appropriate, understands the innovation agenda and digital journey
of the customer, and contributes to them. Independently builds a
compelling business value framework for the customer. In order to
create a transformational business value framework, industry
knowledge is often essential.
- Proactively builds and executes a plan to drive growth and
profitability across HPE's portfolio, in a structured and recurring
way. Continuously accelerates growth in HPE's strategic value
portfolio through positioning these solutions with an ever-widening
network within a customer. Formulates and presents technology
choices for the customer that will expand HPE's presence and margin
in the account. Actively leverages HPE programs and tools (e.g.
Executive Sponsors, BU deal support, and supply chain programs) to
improve business performance. Significantly contributes to internal
reviews connected to deals and sales planning.
- Actively engages with the customer to identify opportunities,
starting from the higher levels of the customer organization.
Translates customers' business challenges and goals into IT
opportunities in a compelling way. Proactively ensures a strong and
rightsized pipeline funnel from the account team. Leads and governs
pipeline building activities for the account, delegating to other
account team members as appropriate. Identifies and develops high
value opportunities for short, mid, and long term success.
Proactively leads early engagements. Accountable for deal closure.
Ensures end to end clear governance and ownership throughout the
team, and across all deals in the pipeline. Drives deals of high
complexity and size to closure through managing a
multi-disciplinary team, including partners.
- Knowingly invests in maintaining and developing a professional
relationship network within the customer to maximize efficiency and
effectiveness for HPE. Understands and leverages the underlying
principles for the customer organization's functioning. Builds
influential relationships with executives including the C-level
when necessary. Proactively defines an effective engagement model
with the customer's key influencers and decision makers.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive view of the partner
landscape in the account - from both IT and vertical industry
perspectives. Proactively develops partner relationships. Runs an
active governance process for the partner network for the account.
Works with the Partner Business Manager to assess and update the
partner strategy for the account.
- Constantly develops and updates expertise in IT technology.
Engages effectively with the customer's CTO/CIO. Articulates
relevant modern trends in IT and presents them to the C-level
within the customer when appropriate. Describes portfolio pieces in
detail and references their use in other customers. Mentors others
- Actively builds, develops and leads the extended account team.
Runs a comprehensive governance with the extended team and empowers
the account team to engage on different levels within the account.
Establishes a recurring process to provide feedback to the account
team members and the relevant managers. Actively works with
relevant managers to provide development opportunities for extended
- Provides feedback into other HPE organizations and coordinates
with other customer facing HPE organizations to improve the
customer experience. Fully utilizes the entire set of HPE tools and
processes for customer advocacy. Effectively leverages the existing
tools, processes and resources to continuously assure a high level
of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Fully owns the development and execution of a comprehensive
account business plan for defined accounts. Leads the collective
effort to build and maintain both strategic and tactical elements
of the plan. Shares and aligns the plan with relevant stakeholders
of the account.
Education and Experience:
- University or Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent
experience. Engineering or technology education, advanced degree or
- Typically 8-12+ years account management experience.
- Experience in IT industry. Experience working as an IT leader,
within an IT department, and/or working within customers is a
- Experience in vertical industry preferred.
- (Extraordinarily) strong track record of account management and
- Experience in different sales roles is a plus.
- Experience in big data, hybrid IT, IT services, digital
business, information security, AI and intelligent edge
Knowledge and Skills
- Drives Results: Shows strong will to win, is persistent in face
of obstacles and has a clear results orientation.
- Strategic Planning: Exceptional at articulating a vision for
the future and a path to achieve it in an account business plan,
aligned with the HPE strategy, direct leadership, and the HPE
- Sales Execution: Able to efficiently deliver on short term
sales engagements and objectives.
- Continuous Learning: Continuously and actively pursues own
learning, and shares knowledge with team members.
- IT Industry Acumen: Builds and maintains comprehensive
knowledge of cutting edge IT industry developments and technology
trends with potential impacts to our customers.
- HPE Portfolio Knowledge: Builds and continually updates a
comprehensive understanding of HPE products, solutions, and service
offerings - their value propositions, competitive differentiators,
and benefits to our customers and our customers' customers.
- Team Leadership: Highly skilled at leading teams (including
dispersed and indirect team members) successfully through sales
engagements in a complex matrix organization.
- Network/Relationship Building: Highly skilled in creating
strong professional relationships across all levels of the
organizations internally and externally; understands and leverages
the value of networks and collaboration.
- Two-way communication: Able to listen actively to understand
the perspectives of others, and to articulate value propositions,
plans, and proposals in language highly relevant to the customer,
partner or internal stakeholder.
- Influencing and Negotiating: Understands and expertly leverages
influencing and negotiation techniques.
- Business Acumen: Understands how different parts of a business
interoperate to produce business outcomes and how actions impact
company results. Demonstrates thorough understanding of general
business concepts and the economy. Able to understand financial
reports and make relevant conclusions for planning. Similar
principles apply to public sector organizations.
- Operational Excellence: Consistently able to show
predictability and operational excellence both internally and
- Integrity: Acts with integrity throughout complex situations
even if under pressure.
- Vertical/Industry Knowledge Preferred: Understands the
customer's industry landscape, enterprise architecture, and partner
and influencer ecosystem, and is able to use this knowledge to
build and advise the customer on its digital journey plan.
- Consulting: Can synthesize a number of skills and relevant
knowledge to guide the customer through a process of achieving
business outcomes leveraging HPE's portfolio.
- Typically manages 1 to many accounts representing moderate to
high revenue for HPE. One or more accounts may be a large
multi-national or global account. May manage a portion of a large
Top Account, usually within an assigned geography.
- Typically qualifies and closes large deals of moderate to high
complexity and cross- BU scope.
- Works with all levels of decision-makers in the customer
organization, including C-Level.
- Orchestrates regional pursuit resources for the account.
- Participates in account investment decisions about pricing and
- Leads highly complex sales engagements, project management and
coordination to meet customer deadlines.
- Typically oversees engagements with cross-BU portfolio
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of
arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Keywords: Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Texas City , Enterprise Account Manager - South Central Top Accounts, Executive , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!