Company: Dow Chemical Company
Location: Texas City
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Join a team that's passionate about partnership. With careers at
Dow, we take time to explore questions and talk to each other. We
love to learn. Our people are driven by limitless curiosity.
We are an innovative, customer centric, inclusive, and sustainable
materials science company.
* Employing 36,500 individuals
* Across 109 manufacturing sites
* In over 31 countries
Our portfolio of products and solutions include:
* Plastics: With new technology trends, our plastic additives can
be experienced in many everyday items including vinyl, blow-molding
bottles, film, rigid containers, PVC plastics, siding, decks and
rails, foam pipes and profile formulations, window frames and
* Industrial intermediates: As the product of a reaction that is
beneficial when used as a precursor chemical for another product,
industrial intermediates can take on many shapes and forms. Ours
are used in home comfort and appliance, building and construction,
adhesives and lubricants, and more.
* Coatings: Whether it's a water-based coating or solvent-based
coating, a thin film is deposited on materials to enhance specific
properties such as enhanced performance, durability, aesthetics,
* Silicone businesses: Our silicone-based materials can withstand
more demanding applications, from those operating at extreme
temperatures, to those under harsh environmental conditions for
long periods of time.
Learn more about our partnerships, collaborations and innovations
on LinkedIn (@Dow) or Twitter (@DowNewsroom).
We make diversity and inclusion a priority-because sharing our
perspectives and building on each other's ideas will drive
innovation. Could you imagine yourself in a place like this?
As a Scheduling Manager at Dow, you will serve as a technical
resource for the schedule discipline aligned to turnaround within
the Regional Technical Expertise and Support (TES) Controls
The Scheduling Manager acts as a technical resource for Scheduling
within the Global Turnaround Methodology and Global Project
Methodology (GPM) work process. They support establishment of the
overall turnaround schedule baseline and reporting to monitor and
control the turnaround within established tolerances of the
baseline supporting efficient execution. This role also has the
potential to perform similar responsibilities for Expense and
Capital Projects. The Scheduling Manager coordinates data inputs
from the various disciplines and functions to ensure accurate
forecasts and reporting of schedule, and engages the steering team
to understand causes of the deviation and the need to establish
actions to mitigate, where deviations from established tolerances
occur. The role requires in-depth conceptual and practical
knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job
Responsibilities / Duties
* Promotes discipline knowledge exchange and quality application
through technical coaching.
* Contributes to improvement of Schedule Management Work Process
and leveraging of learning experiences.
* Provides recommendations on cycle time reduction opportunities
and techniques, as applied to scheduling.
* Develops schedule management plans for management and
* Develops conceptual schedules to evaluate various alternates or
anticipated schedule challenges.
* Develops and maintains comprehensive integrated master project
schedules including Front-end Loading, Detail Design, Procurement,
Construction and Start-up/Commissioning Project and Turnaround
* Maintains schedule during the turnaround and project life cycle
monitoring progress and incorporating modifications where changes
in the original scope occur or delays are encountered.
* Utilizes plans and cost estimates to resource load schedules and
gain alignment with estimated scope of work and the schedule.
* Performs staffing density checks or staffing limitation checks to
validate schedule duration and ensures resource-leveling supports
the turnaround / project strategy.
* Leads teams in forecasting schedule challenges and offers
analyses and solutions to complete on schedule.
* Performs critical path analysis to determine problem areas in
regards to the schedule and resource overloads and offers
alternative courses of action to the project team.
* Evaluate changes to turnaround scope / projects to assess
schedule impact for proper decision making and recovery plans.
* Works with cost analyst to gain alignment when forecasting
schedule completion dates.
* Applies established schedule management practices to ascertain
critical schedule issues and recommend corrective actions.
* Defines comprehensive Schedule Management solutions for capital
and expense projects.
* A minimum of a bachelor's degree
* A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (i.e. Manufacturing
and Engineering function in the scheduling discipline), 10 or more
* Regional travel within the gulf coast region may be required to
support business critical Turnarounds and/or Projects. Must be
willing and able to meet all applicable requirements related to
business travel (e.g., as to immigration and visa rules,
public-health mandates, airline rules, etc.) into and out of (and
physical presence in) various countries world wide
* A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability
to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support
is available for this position, including for any type of U.S.
permanent residency (green card) process.
* This position is located in Freeport (TX) and may cover the
following Houston Area Operation sites: Deer Park, Texas City, and
* Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role and may
be provided based on eligibility.
* A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay,
variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company
performance, and comprehensive benefits
* On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and
rewarding work environment
* Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and
functions with opportunities for personal and professional
* The chance to work within a global company and interact with
colleagues from around the world
* Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion
to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and
scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve
profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most
innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials
science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for
the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration
with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial
intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad
range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for
its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging,
infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106
manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately
35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in
2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its
subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or
follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is
committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every
employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only
deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further
information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to
providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national
origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact us at
http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My
Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
Keywords: Dow Chemical Company, Texas City , Scheduling Manager, Executive , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!