Director Surgical Services
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
Location: Texas City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000
people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to
creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that
exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables
caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives
colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most
importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to
something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and
more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What
matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving
people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to
raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare
everywhere.We offer an excellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
student loan repayment program, employee discount program and
employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, a campus of HCA Houston Healthcare
Clear Lake, offers advanced healthcare services from a
compassionate team of experts-all close to home. As part of the HCA
Healthcare system, we are able to attract the best physicians and
healthcare providers to one of the top hospitals in Texas City,
Texas.Mainland Hospital has served Galveston County since 1952. We
are a 222-bed, acute care facility offering a full-range of
services for your medical needs. Some of our high-quality services
- 24/7 emergency room care, with comprehensive diagnostic imaging
and ancillary services.
- Heart and vascular services, including general cardiology, full
service Cath Lab, and chest pain evaluation and treatment.
- General and minimally invasive surgery, including appendectomy,
hernia repair, and more.
- Orthopedic surgery, including hip, knee and other joint
replacement procedures.The Director of Surgical Services Department
leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while
effectively managing operations. The Director Surgical Services has
24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the
service and implements solutions with follow through and
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital
wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to
those one represents.
- Advances the customer experience in Surgical Services.People
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique
of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents
their job performance.
- Adheres to all Human Resource policies.
- Effectively communicates departmental, organization and
industry information to staff.
- Facilitates evidence based employee engagement practices.
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver
upon organizational and department goals.
- Participate in employee and patient roundingIdentifies and
mentor potential future leadersQuality
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops
processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical
services program which assures quality patient care consistent with
the Hospital mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital
policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates
critical aspects of care.
- Responsible for department's operational excellence by ensuring
delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable
policies, procedures, and professional standards.
- Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and
- Enforces safe procedural site and patient verification
- Monitors and responds to quality event reportingFinance
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements
which would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes and defends a capital equipment
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures
proper utilization of organization's financial resources.Growth
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services.
- Strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients,
staff, and payers in the community they serveCommunity
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures
others and commands respect within the organization and the
- Develops and builds strategic internal and external
networks.Supports HCA by:
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance
the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement"
- Performing other duties as assigned
surgicalservicesleadershipQualificationsEducation & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Surgical Services, preferably OR
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferredIf you find
this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly
review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear
from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.NoticeOur Company's
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, Texas City , Director Surgical Services, Executive , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!