Manager (RN) Intensive Care Unit
Company: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland
Location: Texas City
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's
largest provider of healthcare services.
--HCA--is dedicated to the growth and development of our
colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to
succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an
ambitious--Nurse Manager--for the Intensive--Care Unit--to help us
reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
At--HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of
benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to
enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and
dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet
all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP),
401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and
participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is a 222-bed acute care facility
that has been an integral part of Galveston County for more than 60
years. It offers services in emergency medicine, obstetrics and
gynecology, surgery, physical therapy, radiology, total joint
replacements, hyperbaric medicine diagnostic/imaging services and
wound care facilities.
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland is affiliated with HCA Houston
Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The
division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient
surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging
facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas.
Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13
off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. For
more information, visit .
Our--Managers--have access to a variety of resources to help you
reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in
Nurse Manager (RN)--? Intensive----Care Unit (ICU)
What you will do in this role:-- --
- Completes administrative duties / reports in a timely
- Identifies areas for improvement with ICU----staffing and
- Seeks and implements solutions to actual and potential problems
identified in the ICU
- Works with other departments to improve coordination of care
activities in the ICU.
- Identifies staff development needs and provides plan to improve
deficiencies or advance the level of practice.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere in the workplace that is
conducive to employee?s personal and professional growth.
- Exemplifies high level customer service skills in all
- Willingly provides direct patient care when required, models
expected behaviors to staff.
- Effectively manages conflict on the unit.
- Assists Charge Nurse in managing patient volumes/flow
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing; BSN
- Current Licensed as an RN in the State of Texas.--
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support course-- (BLS or BCLS) and certification required
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life
Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification required--
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Five years recent clinical experience ? Intensive Care
- Three years nursing management experience preferred.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA)--is a community of 94,000
Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physician partners. We have
over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER?s,
ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility
based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten of our
HCA Healthcare facilities have been named in IBM Watson Health?s
top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit
your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!--
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, Texas City , Manager (RN) Intensive Care Unit, Executive , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!