Company: Windhover Labs
Location: Texas City
Posted on: September 19, 2022
- 10+ years of experience in devops development with strong
software development experience.
- Must be able to get a security clearance.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Be proficient with Linux. Our development environment is almost
entirely Linux based.Qualifications / Skills:
- Linux (administration and software development)
- GUI design
- Eclipse RCP
- Atlassian products
- VMWareTasks may include:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain ground control systems for NASA's
VIPER lunar rover.
- Develop a UAV cockpit and remote pilot displays and controls.
This includes the documentation and extensive automated testing.
This system will present real time telemetry necessary to safely
pilot a UAV as well as a mission planning system for mission
planners to generate automated flights. It will also fuse in data
from external systems to provide the remote pilot with heightened
- Write Eclipse plugins and tools for UAV and small satellite
ground control system used by flight software developers during
development, and remote operators after deployment. Plugins include
numerous graphical interfaces but also include back end software to
process real-time telemetry and commands.
- Develop Node based applications for both flight software
verification and validation, and mission planning and
automation.Windhover Labs has developed a suite of reliable and
innovative avionics targeting both the UAV and small satellite
industries and is looking for experienced engineers to join our
growing team. We provide full stack development from flight
hardware and software all the way to the remote pilot displays and
controls. We design and build all custom circuitry in-house to
customer specifications.We also provide engineering services to
NASA and multiple commercial space companies in Houston, Colorado,
and California. We have a strong background in both human rated and
unmanned space flight. New employees can expect to work on both UAV
and space flight related projects. The position includes full
benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance.We are
looking for highly motivated and capable engineers that are eager
to tackle new challenges and help advance the face paced UAV
industry. Candidates must be self starters and not just "willing to
learn" but eager and able to contribute and lead at a demanding
pace.New employees can expect an exciting and fun tech startup
atmosphere in our new facilities. Join our team today!Job Type:
Full-timeSalary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance -Schedule:
- 8 hour shiftAbility to commute/relocate:
- Texas City, TX 77591: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)Education:
- Bachelor's (Required)Experience:
- Software Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Java: 5 years (Preferred)
Keywords: Windhover Labs, Texas City , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!