Location: Texas City
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching,
seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and
then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate,
tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your
drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?Are you always
solving?Then we'd like to meet you and bet you'd like to meet
us.Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a Reliability Engineer
to join our ISP Technologies, Inc. business at our Texas City,
Texas plant. This is a very visible, significant role within the
Company and the Life Sciences business unit. This position will
report to the Sr. Reliability Engineer.The primary responsibilities
of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and Sr Reliability Engineer
to establish equipment reliability goals and objectives for the
- Monitor effectiveness of reliability programs such as
vibration, lubrication, and equipment alignment.
- Review critical equipment in all areas of the plant for
Preventive Maintenance plans and frequencies. Then will issue
results and recommendations to be approved by Sr Reliability
Engineer and Maintenance Manager.
- Review critical equipment in all areas of the plant for spare
part needs; monitor and maintain spare part availability in
storeroom. Communicate results and recommendations for approval by
Sr Reliability Engineer and Maintenance Manager. The secondary
responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to,
- Design, develop, justify then implement mechanical reliability
programs and procedures, to maximize equipment uptime while
- Organize and schedule external support service and equipment to
coincide with the work order scheduling, including purchase order
management and expedition as needed.
- Work with Process Engineers and other Maintenance Supervisors
to develop daily maintenance schedules, with focus on maintaining
unit shutdown/outage work lists, while integrating project related
items into turnaround scheduling, and managing area backlogs.
- Utilize and provide support to the Computerized Maintenance
Management System (Maximo) for improving electronic equipment
documentation and repair records.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental as well as Quality
initiatives to contribute to compliance of State/Federal
regulations to improve existing Company programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure the
efficient and effective functioning of the department in a safe
manner.In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related
- Minimum two years' prior experience in chemical process
manufacturing facility, maintenance planning and supervision,
abiding by plant safety rules and regulations, Process Safety
Management (PSM), and environmental compliance standards.
- High level of mechanical aptitude, effective communication
skills, strong supervisor skills, computer/systems competency,
along with capability and willingness to work outside normal hours,
including weekends, and holidays, as may be required due to the
needs of business.
- Ability to respond appropriately during site emergencies as
directed by the Site Emergency Manager.
- Ability to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal
protective equipment if required to work or visit within the
manufacturing process area. This may include hard hat, safety
glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, or other
equipment as required by the work performed and location the work
is being performed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.The following
skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Three to five years prior experience as previously noted.
- Prior rotating equipment/machine experience.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP),
quality processes, and emergency response.
- Possess an aptitude to identify quality improvement
opportunities and formulate action plans for implementation. This
requires exceptional work planning and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience supervising employees under a bargaining
- Training in formal Root Cause Analysis is a plus.
- Ability to 1) identify critical issues and formulate action
plans with all levels of employees including management, and
Corporate, 2) develop and foster a positive work environment at all
levels, and 3) resolve conflicts through problem resolution
Keywords: Ashland, Texas City , Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Texas City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!